Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 10:37 PM

Default pre-flop question

I am trying to loosen up. Do you guys complete 10-9o in the small blind? If so under what conditions? Other off suit connectors?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: pre-flop question

Sure, why not? The more people who are in the pot for one bet, then the more likely I am to complete in the SB. I used to play way too tight in the SB, but the offsuit connectors are Ok if 4 or 5 people have limped. (stay away from the one gappers, except for T-8 maybe).
Old 04-28-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to loosen up. Do you guys complete 10-9o in the small blind? If so under what conditions? Other off suit connectors?

[/ QUOTE ]

not me personally.. I'd play them suited but not unsuited
What happens if you hit a pair of 9's or 10's?? are you going to call a bet on flop to see the turn? I think this will end up costing you $$ over time.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:03 PM

Your pot odds can be tremendous when completing with T9o in the SB. If you can't drop it, then don't play it.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your pot odds can be tremendous when completing with T9o in the SB. If you can't drop it, then don't play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree! to OP: it depends on # of people in the hand, but typically you are getting great odds to complete for the additional 1/2sb you have to put in. but you do have to have good postflop play to be able to know when to let go if either pairs.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agree! to OP: it depends on # of people in the hand, but typically you are getting great odds to complete for the additional 1/2sb you have to put in. but you do have to have good postflop play to be able to know when to let go if either pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've dealt with this a bit myself and I think the implied advice here is that you need to be really, really disciplined about the overall game situation being conducive to the call. I found that I was easily able to talk myself into making really bad calls when the table conditions weren't right (e.g., well, I'm calling T9o in the SB if it's unraised and this time there's one EP raise from a really loose player and lots of cold-calling so, I guess I'll...) And before I knew it, I was loosening a lot of stuff up, to my detriment.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:14 AM

Thanks for the help, I think I will start by completing only during ideal situations (semi-passive table and 3+ limpers. I will post any interesting hands.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:20 AM

Depends on your postflop skills and the amount of limpers (assuming 1/2 blind structure too). After quite a few limpers you can definitely do it.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think there are probably better ways to loosen up than with T9o in the small blind. Unless you mean you specifically want to loosen up in the SB.

I think a call with T9o for a half a bet in the small blind would probably be good with 5-6 limpers though.