Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: A new poker analysis site that i\'ve been working on

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them, I am just wondering if it is a worthwhile site for people to plug their logs into.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty nice, but it would be as sweet as a picture of nectar if you could upload an entire session, instead of just a table's worth of hand histories.

BTW, I obviously tried to do my whole session (2,600+ hands), and the thing "fatal errored" me... sorry if I messed it up or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

It previously had a hard limit of 1000 hands, but I just upped that to 3000, so if you try again, it may work.

However, I am guessing the error may have been that you put too much text into the hand history window (which wouldn't be your fault, just a problem with the browser), but I would need to know exactly what the error was first. So if you could just try again, and if there is an error, post here exactly what it is.

If the browser is the problem, I can update the upload method to allow you to choose a file instead of copy/pasting into the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried it again:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 84 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I added in a file upload mode, and I just test uploaded a hand history file with 2700 hands and it worked fine. So just collect them all into one file and upload it using the file upload page (You will see a link to it on the main page).
Old 04-06-2005, 08:04 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

I'm having trouble understanding what those percentages mean next to bet, raised, call, check, etc.

Cool program though.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:24 AM

I just added the answer to the faq, thanks for the question:

The numbers themselves stand for what percentage of hands you are beating. If the number is 100%, you are beating all hands and therefore have the nuts. To figure out this number, just count the number of hands that are beating you and divide it by the number of available hands left. Then subtract that number from 100%. Pokergrader goes a little beyond this by weighing hands that are more likely played more than hands that are not likely to be played, but estimating using this method will be close to what pokergrader calculates.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:56 AM

"Your hand history is currently processing. Try refreshing this page in a few seconds."

How long does this usually take?

I uploaded 1700 hands.
It's been giving me that message for about 30 minutes.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2005, 10:09 AM

Does it support HHs exported from Pokertracker?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't look like it...

I think this is important... Since I delete my HH files off my computer at least once a day, Analysis of hands played a few days (or months) ago would not be easily done. I can export HHs to multiple files and combine, if needed, to 1 file to use as input.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:53 AM

looks awesome, id be very interested in using it if i could import all of my hands (not just < 1k) from PT HH exports.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:25 PM

Are you saving the imported Hand Histories as a form of datamining?

Not being combative, I am just wondering if you are keeping and storing the HH that people are importing into the site?
Old 04-06-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Your hand history is currently processing. Try refreshing this page in a few seconds."

How long does this usually take?

I uploaded 1700 hands.
It's been giving me that message for about 30 minutes.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

It shouldn't take more than a few minutes. I'll look into this, thank you for reporting it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never seen this particular format before, but if anybody wants to send me a pokertracker HH file I could try to add in pokertracker support to the parser. You could either post it here or email it to pokergrader@gmail.com

[ QUOTE ]

Are you saving the imported Hand Histories as a form of datamining?

Not being combative, I am just wondering if you are keeping and storing the HH that people are importing into the site?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about putting up a privacy policy but decided not to since I didn't think anybody would care, but ill throw it into the FAQ. All uploaded hand histories are deleted in a maximum of 12 hours from when they were uploaded, and the output pages stay active for at least 12 but not more than 24 hours after they are processed.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:08 PM

Programming is my day job. I have thought about writing some poker software, but I wanted to keep my hobby seperate from my job.

I did THINK about how I would go about it. Did you write your own hand analysis (what beats what) system? Can you describe it in broad strokes? (or not, I respect your right to keep your programming ideas to yourself.)

-D