Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-24-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: $10/20 stud hand

I consider myself to be a pretty good hand-reader in stud---but I'm not confident enough in my reading to dump this hand on 6th st with this big 'ol pot in the middle.

Michael
Old 12-24-2005, 05:16 PM

I agree, I can't see myself laying this down, although I don't have anywhere near as much experience as Andy.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:35 PM

I would think that you almost have to call and try to improve with this pot being so big. River is an easy fold if you don't
Old 12-24-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: sults and my thoughts

Yeah, the check-raise on fifth is pretty hideous, the sort of thing I chastise people for all the time. Most of the time, I would bet into the 7 seat, hoping that he'd raise to knock people out. Don't know what got into me.

On sixth, I thought that there was an excellent chance that seat 7 had a set. I represented at least Kings on fifth, and yet he three-bets. This smells like rolled Fives, trip Queens, or at least pocket Aces. (Obviously, I can eliminate rolled Fives by sixth.) When he hits an Ace on sixth, I'm about out of hands I can reasonably draw out on. I'm not one to lay down much of anything in a big pot, but I thought that there was a great chance that I was drawing dead, maybe to two outs, so I gave up.

Turns out that he had the other two Kings in the hole. BTirish wins the pool. Other guy won with two pair.