Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: KK turns ugly.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How 'bout a preflop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to reinforce this. I totally skipped over the fact that hero didn't re-raise PF, but really should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you NEVER cold call with AA/KK in that spot??
Old 12-21-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: KK turns ugly.

Well, you know, never say never...

But no, I generally don't. Mostly becasue I want maximum value for my hand now, preflop, while I have an equity edge. I could consider flatcalling preflop, butr I would need a specifric read on the opponent that tells me that flatcalling is more +EV than re-raising now. I think that read is pretty unusual. Like for instance, if I know he will bluff himself allin if he doesn't encounter resistance but will collapse if there's is any resistance, then I'd probably flatcall.

Against standard opponents, it's often said that a flatcall is more +EV becasue you can get more of your opponent's stack postflop if he doesn't read you for KK preflop. But I disagree. If your opponent has a hand that he's willing to go to the felt with if you don't reraise PF, he's probably willing to jettison chips with it postflop even if you do. Besides, if you flatcall PF you're going to lose your deceptive screen eventually anyway, and your opponent will still put you on KK.