Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: The leaders at work delegate and empower others liberally, but they pay attention to details, every
false 17 45.95%
true 20 54.05%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Are you going to see Brokeback Mountain.

I'm a big fan of The Lovers myself.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:02 PM

Sure, I like Ang Lee.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:37 AM

Default MOVIE REVIEW - SPOILER ALERT

MOVIE REVIEW - SPOILER ALERT
(If you don't want to know, don't read)

OK, I just got back from seeing the gay cowboy movie, and I'll say I was rather disappointed. I liked the beginning, and how everything is set up. You see it's Bumblefuck, Wyoming, 1963, both HL (Heath Ledger) & JG (Jake Gylenhall) are looking for work, etc etc.

Then they go up on the mountain to let the Sheep feed for a few months. They get to know each other in their own quiet cowboy way. One night, it gets cold. JG says to HL it's going to get cold when the fire dies. HL says he'll be fine. Next scene - It's cold as [censored] later on that night, and HL is shivering next to the fire that no longer exists. JG hears HL shivering. JG invites HL into tent. They sleep. A few hours later (still night), JG wakes up and puts HLs hand on JG's junk. HL is like WTF? Awkard scene where JG wants to kiss HL. HL pushes JG away. While this is happening, JG is undoing his pants. Then, HL undoes his pants and [censored] JG in the ass. Confused? So was I.

This was the first of many confusing moments in the movie. There were a lot of things left unresolved. HL and JG start 'fishing trips' 4 years after their time on the mountain. There is a lot of skipping in between HLs real life and their meet ups. You never really get a sense of what it's like for them when they are apart, and you almost feel like these meet ups are common, when in the movie they are telling you they aren't.

I felt the music was VERY corny, almost forced. There are many things in the movie that are forced, and abruptly end, and Ang Lee kinda sorta forgets to tell us, and just sorta throws you a bone later in the movie to let you know what happens.

Heath Ledger's acting I though was really good in this movie, but didn't at all buy the JG [censored] cowboy deal.

I was expecting a much better movie than what I saw.

Grade: C+
Old 12-18-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's getting incredible reviews across the board. Check out this Metacritic score. I think it's about way more than just two gay cowboys; it encompasses a lot -- and at the Toronto Film Festival, it got a standing ovation and had grown straight men weeping, evidently.

[/ QUOTE ]

All really good reasons for me not to see it! No offense to anyone intended but this movie sounds really boring and really far from anything I would be entertained by.

I go to movies to have fun and be entertained and seeing a "Love story" sounds boring! If I were a woman it might appeal to me, maybe. I want FUN! I want to laugh or see things blown up or maybe a real western.

That doesn't mean I am homophobic. This just means that this movie sounds boring to me!