Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 04:28 PM

Default KQo River fold

I came home drunk at 4AM and didn't feel like going to bed so I decided to play some .5/1 and this hand came up. No reads because I don't play this game so I have no mined hands.

Table was playing fairly loose and passive with a good amount of players to the flop.

And I swear preflop was a misclick.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em <font color=" blue">(8 handed)</font>

Preflop: I'm the CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 1 fold, I call, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color=" blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color=" red">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color=" red">I raise</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color=" red">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, I call, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color=" blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color=" red">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, I call, Button calls.

River: (13 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color=" blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color=" red">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, I fold

Yes?
Old 12-16-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: KQo River fold

I raise preflop, and folding the river is probably fine. Also, given that you were drunk, you should have lost at least 2 more BB here.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:38 PM

Yep, looks like T5o to me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 04:53 PM

No.

At 15:1 for your bet on the river, this is an easy call.

See Ed Miller's famous post - "Why you aren't crushing these limits" (or something along those lines). I'm sure someone will have the link. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 04:58 PM

I'd say it's possible enough that BB is jamming the flush draw on the flop and that MP1 has a pair of 8s or something stupid to make the overcall on the river.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:04 PM

Must be one hell of a flush draw to make him continue "jamming" the turn and river...For some reason I have a feeling that Hero's hand would have held up
Old 12-16-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Must be one hell of a flush draw to make him continue "jamming" the turn and river...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he's out of position, and since everyone just called the 3bet, he may feel he can fold his opponents on the turn. When he gets to the river and doesn't make his flush, he may feel that betting is his only way to win. I'm not saying it happens a lot, just that it may be enough to call the river.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:55 AM

Party .5/1, 4AM, with no reads, I am capping the flop and there is no way I fold this river.

EDIT: Though you do say game is loose passive. I don't know you just see so much random junk in these games, and I see people betting/3betting top pair or pair+draw out of blinds into a PFR all the time. My main thing is that I am not concerned at all about overcalling when we are SOOO likely to have MP1 crushed.