Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-25-2005, 05:12 PM

Default $3/6 stud/8 hand

I thought this was an interesting hand:

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___raises

4th Street - (17.00 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (12.50 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (16.50 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

River - (24.50 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___raises
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

Total pot: (30.50 BB)
Old 11-25-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: $3/6 stud/8 hand

actually, I think that hand was played perfectly.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:15 PM

I dont like raising on 6th. Your behind for the high and you also might be behind for the low, and you certainly arent knocking anyone out....so, I think you should have just called.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like raising on 6th. Your behind for the high and you also might be behind for the low, and you certainly arent knocking anyone out....so, I think you should have just called.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2005, 10:18 PM

I don't understand sixth street. You might be drawing dead for high. You have no two way potential, and its hard to count on seat six folding most of the hands he might have.
Also, you don't really want a free showdown unless you make specifically an eight low.

You probably don't really even want seat six to fold. If his hand is a low draw, it can't improve to a hand that beats yours while you simultaneously improve to a low unless you catch an eight and he catches a low. Knocking his high hand out it unlikely to have a lot of value too, because your aces probably need to make aces up on the end (that might not even be good), so you need to knock out a hand that is currently trips or going to become a full house.
You probably won't knock out a made set of trips, so that leaves the times that you knock out two pair, you make a higher two pair on the end, AND seat six makes a full house. Trying to knock out seat six doesn't have alot of value, and neither does your hand, so I don't like the sixth st. raise.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:00 AM

3rd:Re-raise is an interesting thought,but it's not worth it.Seat 3 may get out,anyway,& it may cause you to spend 4 bets instead of 2.Too expensive.
5th:The bet is deceptive & probably has +ev,but I would check.
6th:Call
River:I check.Too likely that seat 3 has a better low.