Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Big flop c/r an option here? (possible me=fish) Party $100(6max)

WARNING: I never play NL so its likely I have no clue what I am doing.

I didn't realize that the Party 100 is diff now that is has changed to such deep stacks...anyways I found myself a little tilted the other day and made this move. I had previously had $275 and button just got $60 from me by sucking out with some lame fishy play an orbit or two ago. He is very aggressive but quite loose and likes to bet big (77/25 over 50 hands). Am I a fish--or this a decent move to make on a guy like this?

Is there a better line for me postflop? (I'm not putting any more in after my check raise--unless he just calls and bets like $5 a street or something like that tha isn't gonna happen)

Party $100NL
Button has $161
Hero has $192

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero raises to $5, button raises to $20, blinds fold, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets $40, Hero rasies to $80...
Old 11-06-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Big flop c/r an option here? (possible me=fish) Party $100(6max)

I don't like putting in 12% of my stack here preflop, so I'm folding to his $20 raise. Also, there is nothing "big" about your check raise.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:14 PM

I never c/r if I am unsure about whether or not I am going to call a push.

I don't like it.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WARNING: I never play NL so its likely I have no clue what I am doing.

I didn't realize that the Party 100 is diff now that is has changed to such deep stacks...anyways I found myself a little tilted the other day and made this move. I had previously had $275 and button just got $60 from me by sucking out with some lame fishy play an orbit or two ago. He is very aggressive but quite loose and likes to bet big (77/25 over 50 hands). Am I a fish--or this a decent move to make on a guy like this?

Is there a better line for me postflop? (I'm not putting any more in after my check raise--unless he just calls and bets like $5 a street or something like that tha isn't gonna happen)

Party $100NL
Button has $161
Hero has $192

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero raises to $5, button raises to $20, blinds fold, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets $40, Hero rasies to $80...

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop, I don't mind this call against such an LAGy opponent. If he's playing 75% of his hands and raising 25% of them preflop, you are most likely ahead.

If you are checkraising this flop, it needs to be a check/push not a check/min-raise. The amount aside, why are you check-raising here anyway? Villain will in all likelihood fold all the hands you are beating and continue with all the hands that you are behind.