Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: live 10-25 hand with deep stacks

just to bump with the results: even though i built the pot i wanted, i folded to his raise. he showed me pocket 7s. as if folding in a +ev spot weren't dumb enough, i then asked to see the river card: a rag heart. puke.

anyhow, enough results-oriented thinking. i do think there were a lot of different lines i could've used to approach this hand, and i've decided that i like a weak-lead on the turn and call a raise the most. i'm drawing to the nuts so i'd like to build a pot, check-calling might not get as much money in there. and by weak-leading, if i'm just called and not raised, i've named my own price to see the river. so, i prob'ly should've bet 3 or 400 on the turn, if i get popped to 2k straight or thereabouts, now there's still 5k behind to play for, and calling him won't be as marginal.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like a weak-lead on the turn and call a raise the most. i'm drawing to the nuts so i'd like to build a pot

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not nearly enough money behind imo to make that a better strategy than check-calling. It comes down to how often you'll get raised. On a board like that, I think it's a lot. I disagree quite a bit w/ your general strategy here of wanting to build the pot while you are drawing on the turn.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i then asked to see the river card

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do this.