Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 04:37 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Price of beer

i don't like beer or wine
Old 10-18-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was talking about a regular beer your order in a bar/restaurant/whatever. Not a can [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never seen Sam Adams in a can, but who knows what crap gets exported.

East Bay Area, California. Micro and imports run $3.50-$5 a US pint at mid range watering holes, macrobrew a buck cheaper. $9-$13 a pitcher (four or so pints).
Old 10-18-2005, 04:40 PM

1. Orlando
2. $1.75 Miller
3. $2.25 Killian's
Old 10-18-2005, 04:41 PM

Yes, beer is expensive in Sweden. Typically at a bar you buy a half-liter glass (17 ounces) which will set you back $6-10. Now, this isn't anything fancy, it's usually the standard Swedish pilsner stuff which I'm not a big fan of.

Swede
Old 10-18-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like beer or wine

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much the same. I can't stand beer and I wouldn't really say I am fan of wine. I've had some bottles which were considered very good that I enjoyed but usually I am just left wondering what everyone is making a fuss about. Both IMO are things which people tend to really like because they believe they are suppossed to really them in order to be accepted. Although clearly i'm biased and probably wrong but that's how I've always viewed beer and (most) wine.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:43 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i think consumption of beer/wine would drop by roughly 98% if they suddenly contained no alcohol

i'll drink either of them occasionally. the taste no longer offends me, but the only reason for it is to ingest alcohol.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think consumption of beer/wine would drop by roughly 98% if they suddenly contained no alcohol

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:44 PM

My pool hall in Austin charges 2.75 for domestic and 3.75 for imports. I order Shiner Bock which is 3.75, I guess because it's imported all the way from Shiner, TX. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 04:45 PM

I'd agree with you as far as alcohol (whether beer, wine or liquor) being aquired tastes, and most people not initially liking this stuff. But once you train your taste buds to enjoy these things it definitely turns into much more than a social/peer pressure type of thing.

Swede
Old 10-18-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i'll drink either of them occasionally. the taste no longer offends me, but the only reason for it is to ingest alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be in that 2%. If something like say Arrogant Bastard tasted exactly the same but didn't have any alcohol in it I would still drink. But Bud, Miller, and Coors would be bankrupt.