Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: river card is dealt before last player gets to act: ruling?

It was not sarcasm, it was an earnest suggestion that you read before replying. It's something many people fail to do, and you seem to be in this group.

As for your "earlier reply," did you delete it? I only see 2 replies from you, the one pointing out the word fourth, and this one. Or am I required to go read all 1000+ of your prior posts to search for it? (that was sarcasm)
Old 09-21-2005, 06:35 PM

Well, it looks like my reply did get deleted or lost somehow. Maybe I didn't hit continue, but I did write up a reply last night for this thread. I appologize for asking you to read a reply that never went through. That's my fault.

btw, I would have taken this to PM's but you are not accepting them.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:49 PM

Card gets shuffled back into the deck and a new river card is dealt.

Had this happen at a game a few months ago. It was wild, but the same card came out ... no one was expecting that (although I guess it was just as likely as any other card).
Old 09-21-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Card gets shuffled back into the deck and a new river card is dealt.

Had this happen at a game a few months ago. It was wild, but the same card came out ... no one was expecting that (although I guess it was just as likely as any other card).

[/ QUOTE ]

You weren't at Tulalip were you? I had the same card situation thing happen to me...It was actually a testy situation. I had turned a straight and got all in with a villain with two pair. If he'd have hit his 4-outer after a reshuffle I'd have cried. Another case of a dealer not paying attention in mine.

I bet my straight in position, the villain check-raised. I "pondered" and said "reraise" and put the call out. The dealer seeing the call proceeded to bring the river card. Oh, and I was sitting in the 1 seat and players across the table heard me say "reraise"
Old 09-22-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, it looks like my reply did get deleted or lost somehow. Maybe I didn't hit continue, but I did write up a reply last night for this thread. I appologize for asking you to read a reply that never went through. That's my fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. We all make mistakes.

[ QUOTE ]
btw, I would have taken this to PM's but you are not accepting them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never remembered to go to that page and check them, so I disabled them. Once I went there and saw 2 messages that were more than a month old. Rather than have people think I'm ignoring them, I just disable them.