Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: A10o OOP

I agree, jrz. I like to drop this if the raiser was tighter or in earlier position. This looked more like a steal (albeit not pure because of the UTG limper), so I figured I'd take one off.

I agree with the raise, as that's what I did. Figured I'd pressure the button as much as possible. Here's the next action:

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 08-19-2005, 09:42 AM

PF is a fine call and you need to call this in the BB always for 1 bet.

Flop is fine. Call the 3 bet, you have odds to hit a T plus you have a backdoor straight/flush draw.

Turn and river are player dependant (also depends on what cards hit the turn).

SB could have 55/AJ/A5/random diamonds (KJ/JT most likely).
Old 08-19-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]
Makes a loose flopcall and folds the turn UI unless hero has a very agressive read on SB.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Hmmm. Is this a leak?

[ QUOTE ]

...The preflop call is slightly on the loose side, but basically fine, especially when you consider that button could have been trying to isolate so his range is a little wider than normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never cold call with A10o, but I pretty much always play it for one bet out of the BB unless the pre-flop raiser is pretty tight.

Leak?
Old 08-19-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Hmmm. Is this a leak?

[ QUOTE ]

I would never cold call with A10o, but I pretty much always play it for one bet out of the BB unless the pre-flop raiser is pretty tight.

Leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I think along these lines. A10o is right on the bubble of "good enough to take one off for one bet in the BB". In this hand, I called because sometimes I'm a bit too tight. I figured the button might be trying a half-baked steal attempt (or maybe didn't even notice that UTG had limped).

The fact that you can wind up in these types of questionable spots is the reason playing it is marginal at best (IMO).
Old 08-19-2005, 10:48 AM

I agree with the call. I'd be pretty lax if I folded for 1 bet back to me, even though I get in trouble. Here's where things get interesting (I think)....

<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ???
Old 08-19-2005, 11:02 AM

Wow, that is some weird-ass play. I think you have the best hand here. It looks like SB got overzealous on the flop. You just called 3 on the flop so he must think you're going to slow down. This 'should' have discouraged him from trying a check-raise here. My instinct says that this is a micro player getting scared of the big turn bets and is unwilling to continue fighting for this pot with a marginal hand. I would bet for value.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:08 AM

Given his turn check SB may have been pumping a flush draw. I'd bet, and then kick the cat if I get check/raised.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:13 AM

Bet. Looks like a flush draw from SB.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:24 AM

...raises. You've got top pair with a kicker that needs to be protected, and a backdoor nut-flush draw. One limper and a raise from an aggressive Button preflop doesn't mean anything, nor does an opening bet on a scary board.