Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hero ???
Bet / Folds 44 Face Up 4 4.30%
Bet / Calls 56 60.22%
Check / Calls 33 35.48%
Check / Folds 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Re: An open letter of concern to all the Mod\'s

there are so many forums now that i often misclick and end up in the wrong forum [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 08:00 AM

I really like this change because I feel the high limits (ie 100/200 and up) deserve their own forum because the games are so different.
I'm a little unsure where the 30/60 games should go though. Do they belong on the high stakes or medium? I would think the 30/60 goes in the medium forum along the 15/30 and 20/40s but then again a lot of the high stakes players still play 30/60.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:13 PM

I don't play high stakes (so I'm only posting here because it is a feedback type thread that is related to the middle forum), and I like the change too. I think 30/60 belongs in mid-stakes.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:45 PM

Was there not ample open discussion on the split (as well as HUSH). I don't know any of the mod's or admin. personally, and i knew about the split. It was discussed a lot. He was going to move the thread because High, on these boards, is now the 30 game +.

Whats the problem?

Cheers
Old 11-27-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was there not ample open discussion on the split (as well as HUSH). I don't know any of the mod's or admin. personally, and i knew about the split. It was discussed a lot. He was going to move the thread because High, on these boards, is now the 30 game +.

Whats the problem?

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

to quote method man: "GETUM"

Barron
Old 11-27-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to use this cliche, but I find it appropriate at this time, you shouldnt fix what isn't broken.

[/ QUOTE ]
We had longtime well-respected posters like Rick Nebiolo saying they would no longer post hands because there was no forum where their hands belonged. There were a lot of new forum members who play 15/30ish games saying that they didn't feel welcome in any of the forums. It was broken.

[ QUOTE ]
I held that 2+2 had the best limit poker forums on the net, and there is no one who would challenge this.

[/ QUOTE ]
The forums got to be the best in part by changing to adapt to the needs of the posters and to changes in the world of poker. Being the best forum doesn't mean we should stop trying to improve. Poker changes rapidly.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:24 PM

Maybe BK, Dcifr, and bobby could put together a "Forum Split FAQ" as you suggested, which would help educate those who missed the debates or were unsure of what goes where.

The mid forum is doing well IMO, and I'm pretty sure 30/60 is the cutoff for posts that can either go here or there depending on the poster's interpretation of the posts complexity.

Give it a week or two. It doesn't seem like the high stakes forum has lost anything, and there are posts in mid stakes that would not have existed without the forum b/c they didn't have a home.. I didn't post 15/30 + 20/40 full ring hands previously because they had nowhere to go.

Surf
Old 11-27-2005, 06:06 PM

I'm a fan of the more-forums-the-better POV, but I do wish that every level of stakes had it clearly listed what precisely the limits are of that section, so that people that are posting, say, a $15-$30 hand know it goes to Place X whereas the fella with the $30-$60 hand knows it goes to Y.

Each forum should have this info stickied OR it should be a part of the forum title.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-27-2005, 08:52 PM

i would argue moving online 30/60 to high stakes which would probably kill medium stakes even more.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:56 PM

My 2 cents is that if I had to draw a line between mid and high stakes it would be 20-40 and down is mid stakes anything above that is high stakes...

Brian R.