Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 10:40 PM

Default what are your stats?

Limit, number of hands, VP$IP, PF Raise, AF-TOT, and big bets/100 won / lost. Feel free to include anything else.

I'm at 1,600 hands
Limit = 2/4
VP$IP = 23.5
PF Raise = 8.25
AF-TOT = 1.87
(3.25) bb/100 hands
Old 11-26-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: what are your stats?

These are just from my Party hands

I'm at 5,386 hands
Limit = 2/4
VP$IP = 18.85
PF Raise = 10.17
AF-TOT = 1.46 (including PF) 2.05 (without PF)
4.26 bb/100 hands
Went to Showdown 33.20%
Won $ At SD: 59.70%

I'd put the blind steal stuff, but Im kind of unsure how it knows when you are stealing blinds and when you are just raising your hand.

Here's a stat that I have been actually interested in:

Now I understand that everyone will lose money in the blinds, but is it possible to see how much you are losing so you know if you are losing too much or not?

Of course I know this sample is way too small so it's probally not worth even looking at except for fun sake.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4.26 bb/100 hands
Went to Showdown 33.20%
Won $ At SD: 59.70%

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't expect this to continue...
Old 11-27-2005, 12:16 AM

I wasnt, thanks.

But if somehow it does due to some strange occurance, you will be the first I will let know. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt, thanks.

But if somehow it does due to some strange occurance, you will be the first I will let know. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

not happening, shut up.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

not happening, shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to let you know as well then. Maybe I'll win the lottery also while Im at it.

You need to chill out a little bit. For a moderated forum this one sure is full of people who have nothing better to do than create OWP's.

When someone creates a OWP just for the purpose of disagreeing with someone it's useless because I (and other people) will be much less likely to see it as crediable as someone who either actually puts some thought into it, or someone who is respected (like a professional, if they give a OWP we'd probally all take it seriously).

As far as the BB/100 rate, you guys are posting a lot on the small stakes board, so I have to imagine you are mainly playing small stakes. Since you are mainly playing small stakes, you probally are not playing the greatest small stakes game because otherwise you would be playing medium stakes.

Which means unless you have some information or knowledge to support your claim (which you fail to include here), your comment is useless because as far as playing the game you probally are not all that diffrent from me.

I have read articles on the web and posts on other forums so I know the idea that you wont make 4 BB / 100 in the long run is out there.

I also know that in my case Ive gotten extremely lucky to find the right sort of bad players and have gotten the cards at the same time. (although Ive lost plenty of money as well due to leaks in my play that Ive corrected otherwise my rate would be higher) So lots of lucky things have happened in a short amount of time. It's almost depressing because I have to imagine Im going to have a horrible time playing poker at some time to make up for it.

Id be more interested if there was someone who's been playing for longer than a few years, and does well at some 150/300 game somewhere. It would be interesting to see how they did when they played 2/4 (or if they played it now).

So again, if you are going to post a comment like this I suggest you think of something intelligent to go along with it or else dont waste your time. Someone might not like that I bothered to say that, but then they ought to talk to you as well. And you may be correct in assuming that my win rate is crazy, but since you provide no reasoning for why you feel that way, Im not going to take it seriously.

Old 11-27-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I understand that everyone will lose money in the blinds, but is it possible to see how much you are losing so you know if you are losing too much or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try the filters section in pokertracker (on General screen) and click the "In a Blind" button, or the Positions tab and look at the ones marked BB and SB. Oh and play more hands before it really means anything.

Enjoy!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:40 PM

I knew enough to do that already.

But assuming at some point I did have enough hands I was wondering if there was some rate that's more acceptable than not. (we know it's going to be negative)

For example if you defend your blind to much you'll probally lose more money than you should. If you dont defend your blind enough you'll probally lose more than you should (because you wont recoup enough money to make up for what you paid for the blinds).

I assume in a tighter game where you dont have open limpers this would be a bigger deal? (because most of the hands you will play will be either in the blinds or against the blinds)

I read on billrini or somewhere that if your loss rate was slightly lower than double your biggest position win rate that's actually pretty normal (at least for the bigblind).

Obviously my sample is too small so it's not even worth looking at. (actually I have about 15,000 other hands in other databases, but they are from all diffrent sites, most of which play a lot diffrent than Party, and even that's not a huge amount)
Old 11-27-2005, 10:43 PM

nobody is reading your post and even if they were it would be because they want to know what the thought process of a retarded person is like.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:59 AM

I dont know what you said, I have the ignore turned on.

Have a nice day!