Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 04:29 AM

Default KQo against Mr. Fancy pants

villain here has numbers of 35/22/2 and an ATT to steal of 38. I have only played one hand with him, and it was really weird. it was one orbit earlier. it is below. this hand and my PT numbers are my only read on this dude.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jd Js (one pair, jacks).
SB has Ah Ac (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: SB wins 6 BB. </font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 12-05-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: KQo against Mr. Fancy pants

I bet he gave himself a big pat on the back after that first one.

I don't like your turn bet. I don't see him folding absolutely anything that beats you, and you don't beat many hands in his range on that board. He's pretty aggressive, so getting c/r'd sucks. So just take the free one.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet he gave himself a big pat on the back after that first one.

I don't like your turn bet. I don't see him folding absolutely anything that beats you, and you don't beat many hands in his range on that board. He's pretty aggressive, so getting c/r'd sucks. So just take the free one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am OOP, so i can't get c/r'ed. You don't think he folds AX here or a pp?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:49 AM

As long as he is raising his fair share of hands PF I don't have any qualms betting the turn to try and get him to fold Ax or a small pair. Against unknowns or little-knowns I generally assume they can lay down A high on the turn and sometimes a pair. Even if he doesn't lay down at least we have a good draw. The other annoying thing is that if we check he's likely to autobet any cards so I doubt we're getting a free card OOP and we'll have to fold the river UI those rare times we're ahead.

I like all streets.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:56 AM

I don't think he's folding on the turn so why risk a raise? I'd just c/c.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:58 AM

SOrry. Should've payed more attention. He's not folding AK, AQ, or A9 due to the board. He might fold a couple of others. I check/call.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 AM

Would you bet out on the river/cr/cc if you check call the turn.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:43 AM

I play it the same.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:46 AM

I'd bet call any pair, c/r a straight.

For those advocating the turn bet: why? Give him a range of hands and look at the board, and understand that if villian has a smaller pocket pair, a high percentage of the time (greater than 90%, I'd guess) he's going to showdown after he calls a flop bet.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet call any pair, c/r a straight.

For those advocating the turn bet: why? Give him a range of hands and look at the board, and understand that if villian has a smaller pocket pair, a high percentage of the time (greater than 90%, I'd guess) he's going to showdown after he calls a flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has 6 outs to the nuts, 2 outs to the near nuts, 6 somewhat tainted outs, some fold equity against Ax, and even a possibility of being ahead. A bet here seems alright to me.