Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Why does my AA keep losing?

I don't understand, I've had aces twelve times this week and I ALWAYS get sucked out on! First I raised preflop and got killed by T3 offsuit, then I got beat by some fish with a 6 high straight who was coming along with rags!

I thought aces were good! I think they are overrated.

Poker is all luck! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Why does my AA keep losing?

NH - you beat me to it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 12:07 AM

Aces have negative implied odds, since you have the best hand, and the other hands' only chance to beat you is to outdraw you. Implied odds is so important in poker, that you should not give it to your opponent.

Fold preflop!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:10 AM

I KNOW.

Get this I get A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I'm on the button. So best hand, best position, right? 5 fools limp in, and I call, cause I don't want to run em off. Let em call, I have AA lollerskates. The big blind minraises and everyone calls. I call too. Thanks for building my pot DONK.

So then the flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Excellent. No pairs higher than mine. Some idiot bets, and liek 4 people call. I call. They're falling right into the trap.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Cool, the flush didn't come. Same guy bets and another guy minraises. Man you're a donk. I call and there's only four of us left. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] What are the odds that someone has a heart? Someone bets, 2 people call, and I spring the trap with my AA and go allin. Two people call and I lose ! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

So f'n rigged.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:29 AM

That's awesome!! Good post.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I KNOW.

Get this I get A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I'm on the button. So best hand, best position, right? 5 fools limp in, and I call, cause I don't want to run em off. Let em call, I have AA lollerskates. The big blind minraises and everyone calls. I call too. Thanks for building my pot DONK.

So then the flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Excellent. No pairs higher than mine. Some idiot bets, and liek 4 people call. I call. They're falling right into the trap.

Turn is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Cool, the flush didn't come. Same guy bets and another guy minraises. Man you're a donk. I call and there's only four of us left. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] What are the odds that someone has a heart? Someone bets, 2 people call, and I spring the trap with my AA and go allin. Two people call and I lose ! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

So f'n rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please tell me this is sarcasm. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 12:36 AM

AA is my loosingest hand. Better play T5. Now when a strait hits you got it.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:46 AM

Because you touch yourself at night.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I KNOW.

So f'n rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahaha poty

i started reading... and i was like 'please dont be serious, please dont be serious', then the end made it obvious
Old 11-26-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because you touch yourself at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol