Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 12-19-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt bonuses

[ QUOTE ]
a low volume SNG player would make more money overall on the bonuses than rakeback. as already mentioned, bonuses on certain sites rebate as much as 100% of your fees. the most you could get with rakeback is 30%.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true of Party, and others. But aren't the bonuses at Full Tilt notoriously slow to clear?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right, so I'm basically throwing money away by not having rakeback and using this Full Tilt bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

I'm going to use a ten handed table (to make the math easy) and make some illustrations about how it works to make it clear.

You get credit for paying a share of the rake even if you don't put money in the pot. If there are ten people at the table and there is one dollar in rake taken, each person gets credit for paying ten cents of rake.

Now imagine you're at a table long enough for them to take ten thousand dollars in rake giving you credit for a thousand dollars of rake. At 27% rakeback you would get $270.

You get ten thousand points. Each point is worth six cents of bonus so with bonus alone you would get $600.

With bonus and rakeback you would get your $600 bonus. The bonus is ten subtracted from the $1000 rake you get credit for paying and you get rakeback on the remaining $400 which my calculator tells me is $108.

Bonus gives you $600
Rakeback gives you $270
Bonus + rakeback gives you $708

Now I'm not an affiliate and I couldn't care less about your bottom line but it's pretty clear to me that you're a fool not to do the bonus + rakeback.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is true of Party, and others. But aren't the bonuses at Full Tilt notoriously slow to clear?

[/ QUOTE ]
for low limit ring games, yes. but this thread is pertaining only to tourney play, where FT's 42% rate is somewhere around average in the industry. Party, Crypto, Prima, UB, Paradise, Absolute, Boss/IPN...none of these places give ANY direct rebate back for SNG/MTT fees unless you go through an affiliate (if even).
Old 12-19-2005, 05:14 PM

Now redoing the numbers based on $1500 in SnG fees.

You get seven points per dollar of tournament fees paid.

1500 * 7 = 10500 points which is enough to clear the entire bonus plus 500.

Rakeback would take your $1500 in fees, subtract the $600 in bonus and give you 27% of the remaining $900 which comes to $243.

Bonus alone $600
Rakeback alone $405 (1500*.27)
Bonus + Rakeback $843

Hmm...guess I should work off my next bonus with SnGs eh?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:22 PM

Oh, and if you deposit the full $600 the bonus is paid out in $20 increments so there's no real pressure to clear the whole thing.

And now some calculations just to show that it works even if you don't clear the whole bonus. Aren't you glad I'm bored and don't want to work?

Say you play $200 worth of SnGs. (that's $200 in fees or 200 $10+1 SnGs)

Rakeback would give you 200*.27 = $54
You would earn 1400 points which is worth $84 in bonus. They pay in $20 increments so you'd be paid $80 of it. You would then get rakeback on (200 - 80 = 120 ) which comes out to $32.4.

Bonus $80
Rakeback $54
Bonus + Rakeback $112.40

Bottom line is that there is no way in hell that bonus + rakeback is not your best option.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:39 PM

the only other detail I'll add is that your calculations show how mediocre the Full Tilt bonus is, even with rakeback added in. if you paid $1500 in SNG fees a bodog or poker stars (presuming bonus is running at all times), you'd get $1500 back, even without rakeback. or $1065 at Pokerroom with a 7x clearance rate.

the best overall option is to play where you get the highest percentage of action back, regardless of how it's coordinated.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

for low limit ring games, yes. but this thread is pertaining only to tourney play, where FT's 42% rate is somewhere around average in the industry. Party, Crypto, Prima, UB, Paradise, Absolute, Boss/IPN...none of these places give ANY direct rebate back for SNG/MTT fees unless you go through an affiliate (if even).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes, you're right, OP is an SNG'er.

I'm interested in this thread, because I am probably going to signup with Full Tilt this week. And, although it may take a while, I want one of those sweet custom jerseys (football). I like them, anyway.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only other detail I'll add is that your calculations show how mediocre the Full Tilt bonus is, even with rakeback added in. if you paid $1500 in SNG fees a bodog or poker stars (presuming bonus is running at all times), you'd get $1500 back, even without rakeback. or $1065 at Pokerroom with a 7x clearance rate.

the best overall option is to play where you get the highest percentage of action back, regardless of how it's coordinated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can't really disagree with either statement.

FullTilt bonuses are pretty much there for when you don't have a bonus elsewhere that's a better deal. They have a long expiration date and they clear in increments so it's no big deal if you only clear a third of it between Stars bonuses and so forth.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes, you're right, OP is an SNG'er.

I'm interested in this thread, because I am probably going to signup with Full Tilt this week. And, although it may take a while, I want one of those sweet custom jerseys (football). I like them, anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be warned. You've heard all the stories about how hard it is to clear the bonus? Well to get a jersey you need to play enough to clear the initial deposit bonus two and a half times.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:35 PM

i started on full tilt recently to see how there bonus is. After about 2 weeks of playing there (along with playing at party and absolute) i have accumulated 5,000 points. So its about 10 weeks or 2.5 months of play for me to get a jersey. I am not playing for a jersey and i probably won't get one, but that still isnt bad on top of the bonuses and rakeback.

Compared to the crap you get some of the other sites the jersey's there are pretty decent.