Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 08:29 AM

Default 5/10 - King Jackoff blind defense

Villian here is a TAG. 22/15/1.9 blahblahblah

Been trying out some new things with blind defense. Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Colin is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Colin calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Colin checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Colin raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.00 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Colin bets</font>, Button hesitates for a while and calls.

River: (7.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Colin bets...</font>
Old 12-19-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: 5/10 - King Jackoff blind defense

I think I like. He's folding his AT and 55 type hands on the flop, and you've got to follow up on the turn to fold out his loose flop calls, and on the river a 3 flush and 4 straight board looks perfect to bluff at getting 7 to 1.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:45 AM

I want to 3-bet this preflop if youre going to try and take it down without a showdown.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to 3-bet this preflop if youre going to try and take it down without a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure his plan when calling PF wasn't to take it down without a showdown UI against 2 others regardless of what falls, but once one of them got out of the way and the other one can have many types of holdings here, hero figured he was getting enough fold equity to try and win unimproved with his nice ass draw.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:51 AM

In my experience when villian hesistates after you c/r the flop and lead the turn and then makes a call on the turn it means two possiblities.

1) He has a marginal hand that may be worth a showdown and he then made the decision right there that he is showing down no matter what.
or...
2) He has a weakish draw and will fold unimproved (often the new turn card made them reevaluate their new draw).

I could be way off but if it is #2 I think the 8 helped him. So I don't like the river bet.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:58 AM

I think the river is a check/fold you aren't going to fold anything you are ahead of except possibly ak/aj and those are both likely to call the river.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure his plan when calling PF wasn't to take it down without a showdown UI against 2 others regardless of what falls, but once one of them got out of the way and the other one can have many types of holdings here, hero figured he was getting enough fold equity to try and win unimproved with his nice ass draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this situation comes up pretty often. And without a good read i dont think its a very good spot to try and get villain out of the pot. I would atleast like to have something that could beat his Ace high.

There is some draws but us not knowing which outs are clean is a pretty big problem. Therefore what i meant was that if youre going to try and win it without a showdown in a position this bad i think you have to 3bet it preflop.

Sorry for formulating so bad(That sentence sux..)
Old 12-19-2005, 12:33 PM

I like 3bet preflop agaist a tag and i C/F the river