Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-09-2005, 09:04 AM

Default I found this amusing

I take my laptop into a Panera bread restaurant for lunch, which advertises free Wi-Fi. I get hooked up and fire up Party and start playing. I then open IE and go to my 2+2 bookmark, only to have the net provider's filter pop up and tell me the site is blocked because it is a gambling site.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: I found this amusing

[ QUOTE ]
I take my laptop into a Panera bread restaurant for lunch, which advertises free Wi-Fi. I get hooked up and fire up Party and start playing. I then open IE and go to my 2+2 bookmark, only to have the net provider's filter pop up and tell me the site is blocked because it is a gambling site.

[/ QUOTE ]

After preaching their implied morality to you, did they go on to turn your water into wine, and feed five thousand with five loaves and two fish?

Mack
Old 12-09-2005, 09:33 AM

Weirdly, I'm at work now and this is the only site that seems to NOT be flagged as gambling, and is therefore NOT blocked.

Hmmm

<font color="blue">[b]BingoChimp[b]</font>
Old 12-09-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If all you're looking for is the forums, try going straight to forumserver.twoplustwo.com, alot of places seem to only block the www.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:36 AM

2+2 is the only site that works for me too.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:56 AM

It comes and goes... some weeks I can get into 2+2, other weeks I can't... But I have always been able to get into Party software at Panera.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

use one of those portal websites. i successfully used that at panera a few weeks ago