Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: About to buy a house

[ QUOTE ]
Have you already done things such as:

Close out old credit cards and reduce the number of active ones you have accounts with?

[/ QUOTE ]

No CC debt and no open accounts.

[ QUOTE ]
Gotten credit history checks yourself from 2-3 of the companies, to make sure there are no surprises you need to fix first?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I'm good here. Also, I learned that checking your credit actually lowers your credit score!

[ QUOTE ]
Gotten some information on housing resell values, both for the builder and the area that you're in?

Gotten a ranking and history of the school district you're in, which could affect your resell ability?

Gotten an estimate on taxes for the residence and compared them to neighboring areas?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look into all of these.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope this place is going to be bigger than your current place? Will the builder have any problems configuring the gaming room?

[/ QUOTE ]

DPC West. Well, not five tables, but maybe three.

[ QUOTE ]
Think very hard about the loan you'll get. I don't see interest rates dropping in the next few years, but how high they go, and how long you estimate you'll be there, is a key factor in your loan type.

We went from an apartment, to a twin (because of A-man) to an apartment, to the current location (because of Z-man)
We sold the twin for what we paid for it, and felt lucky to do so given the area/school district, so we lost money on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm learning, about the resale and the points.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW- are you *ahem* buying this with anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I might pick up a roommate (probably get a three-bedroom duplex), but I'm working out a budget to cover things without one.