Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Response

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I told you at the table that I wouldve bet my life I was beaten and I was correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is still a horrendous fold, getting 4 to 1, against someone with OP's image... Q655 board, 5 helps you not hurts you with AA, usually.

And to the OP - you say that you called the 90 with 53 because you'd find out if he had air because he'd shut down on the turn... but now you're saying he must have had air because he folded getting 4 to 1... so if that 5 doesn't come I guess you're kinda screwed is what you're saying, huh. I don't like this play given the bloated pot... I'll do it sometimes to represent the flush against a tight opponent (if my image isn't crazy) or to actually hit 2 pair/trips but only when the pot isn't so bloated and I know my opp respects my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not a horrendous fold if Im getting 4-1 but Im 95% sure Im beat. I dont subscribe to the theory that I have to call there. I didnt feel pot committed. I knew I was beat and I stuck to my read unlike Ahnuld who changed his read to suit him at every point during the hand. Its already been confirmed that I was right. If Johnny Chan had folded this hand people would be ooing and awing about what a great fold it was, but for an avg unknown player like me, people think its horrendous.

I just love the fact that he thinks he has a read on me as a tight predictable player, but at the same time thinks that I will pour that much money into the pot with nothing.
He puts me on nothing for one reason only. So he can justify his flop call to himself.

He thinks that Im bluffing and will check the turn and he can steal the pot, but yet I bet $250 at the turn. So according to his read of being predictable, I must have a real hand. But then I fold to his raise so he changes his read again and is convinced I had nothing again.

He obviously has no read on me, but caught a 10-1 shot at the turn which won him the hand, other wise hes folding to my $250 turn bet whether I have a hand or Im bluffing. I think my play is +EV no matter what I had.

I make $150 90% of the time and lose $400 10% of the time, regardless of my cards.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:17 AM

Im trying to let this stupid thread die. I admit fi yuo bet the turn that hard and I dont improve I fold. But you are ignoring the times I have a set and your putting in money almost dead. I get paid off.

Im not responding to anything else in this thread, its over, and I cant believe I wasted so much time on it anyways. You seem really pissed, well then heads up me. I just dont feel like arguing anymore.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is still a horrendous fold, getting 4 to 1, against someone with OP's image... Q655 board, 5 helps you not hurts you with AA, usually.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but I have never confirmed that I had AA.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:45 AM

Ahnuld!

I hated you at the table, but I have to confirm what you are saying. No big deal, though.

//Pug

----
* Game ID 500882386 starting - 2005-09-16 18:52:47
** No More Cry [Hold 'em] (2.00|4.00 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- ahnuld sitting in seat 6 with $1052.80
Blah blah
- Piranahh sitting in seat 8 with $400.00
Blah blah
Piranahh posted the small blind - $2.00
Blah blah

ahnuld raised - $16.00
Blah blah
Piranahh called - $16.00
Blah blah

** Dealing the flop: Ace of Hearts, 3 of Hearts, 9 of Spades
Piranahh checked
ahnuld bet - $28.00
Piranahh called - $28.00

** Dealing the turn: 7 of Hearts
Piranahh checked
ahnuld bet - $64.00
Piranahh raised - $200.00
ahnuld raised - $608.00
Piranahh went all-in - $158.00
ahnuld shows: 6 of Hearts, 10 of Hearts
Piranahh shows: Queen of Hearts, Queen of Diamonds

** Dealing the river: 5 of Spades
ahnuld wins $805.00 from the main pot

End of game 500882386
Old 09-16-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Pissing off the nits.

so youre posting to show us how badly you play 35 sooted?
Old 09-16-2005, 06:58 PM

its really a bad case of FPS when your two plans for the hand are "try to bust his overplaying ass with 35s" and "push him off his missed overcards".

you cant have it both ways.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its really a bad case of FPS when your two plans for the hand are "try to bust his overplaying ass with 35s" and "push him off his missed overcards".

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on reevaluating on the turn. If a blank comes and he bets again, I fold. If I hit and he bets, I push. If he checks any card, I bet. Im gonna win the majority of the time becuase he will have air (as I believe he did have) enough. Oh, and this also gets me paid off when I have a set.

The reason I think he has air is becuase AA should not fold for that extra 200.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on reevaluating on the turn. If a blank comes and he bets again, I fold. If I hit and he bets, I push. If he checks any card, I bet. Im gonna win the majority of the time becuase he will have air (as I believe he did have) enough. Oh, and this also gets me paid off when I have a set.

The reason I think he has air is becuase AA should not fold for that extra 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres another "cant have it both ways". How can I be very predictable, but at the same time, be willing to reraise preflop, bet the flop and pound another $250 on the turn with nothing? You made some bad calls, and got lucky to hit the miracle turn card. You had 5 outs so 90% of the time you have to fold to my $250 turn bet. (unless youre planning on calling that with bottom pair.)

90% of the time you wouldve lost $140 or so on that hand and 10% of the time you will win the $400 or so that you won. Sounds very -EV to me.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:50 PM

By the way, what is a "nit"?