Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 10:35 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Money Stolen

as was already pointed out, he cared enough to worry about it and he's still worrying about it
Old 12-12-2005, 10:45 PM

How does anyone sleep in a hotel room without using the deadbolt and the fold-over lock thing?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not know OP, but my understanding is he has a lot of money. If so, you're all hugely over-reacting about this. Would it be stupid for you to leave your car keys and wallet with $75 in it on the bathroom counter after you got out of the shower and headed to bed? Maybe for some of you. For other of you, most definitely not. Sure there are always going to be safer places for it, but for someone else to get all up on you for it and call you a moron is dumb. Just because it may be a moronic for you to do does not make it equally stupid for someone else who has a lot more money. As an extreme example with the same principle, it would be dumb for a full-time McDonalds cashier to watch Warren Buffet throwing down $10k/hand Blackjack and berate him for being such a moronic fool as to take such a risk with such a "large" amount of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whore's sh!t. I don't leave 3 bets on the poker table; I'm certainly not going to leave 3 bets on the sink counter.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow - I really just wanted to know if I had any recourse as relates to the hotel's liability on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You can't force them to do anything. You can make a stink, or write a bunch of letters to management and maybe they will fire the maid and comp you a room, or something. If that is worth your time.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does anyone sleep in a hotel room without using the deadbolt and the fold-over lock thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone says "you shouldn't have left the money there" or, "you should've used the deadbolt", I will say thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're welcome.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:46 AM

Wow, this is funny. I just read Mason Malmuth's "Gambling Theory and Other Topics," and this reminds me of his warning against marathon sessions in the "Traps to Avoid" essay. OK, so maybe 16 hours is only a half-marathon, but the implications are clearly the same.

You say you “got into your room at 6PM,” “took a shower...soon thereafter,” after which you “turned the TV on and hit the bed,” and then “fell asleep nearly immediately?" So even by 9AM, after 15 hours of taking a shower, turning the TV on, and sleeping, you were not aware enough of your surroundings to notice a maid enter your room and rip you off? No doubt, your mind had left you after you fell into the pitfall of marathon poker playing.

Now some people here may claim this is excusable because $2000 is of no significance to you. That may be, but as Malmuth always says, "You can still be a loser." There is another alternative. Given your (in)actions leading up to and following the theft, you are clearly a loser.

You're welcome, [censored].

Now forget the money because it's gone and there's nothing you can do now to get it back. Don't even waste the time of the police, as your story is too unreliable. Consider the alternatives:

1. Somebody at the cardroom drugged you, followed you to your hotel, snuck in behind you, and stole the money.

2. Leaving the cardroom in a drunken stupor, you checked out a room, tipped the hot little Asian lesbian desk clerk $2000 for being so friendly, then passed out in your room for 15+ hours.

or

3. You never even had $2000, but merely dreamed you did somewhere between hour 15 and 16 of your well-“earned" sleep.

Take care, fool.

P.S. I am a noob, and this is my first post, but I am a winner, and I am better than you. I just registered to comment on your foolishness! And what is especially funny is that I somehow found this thread while searching for "Who is the Adventurer?" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]LOL![img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

P.P.S. Who IS the Adventurer?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:22 AM

Can we get a thread going of worst 1st posts ever?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can we get a thread going of most hilarious 1st posts ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon! This is comedic gold...

"I am a winner, and I am better than you."
Old 12-13-2005, 04:40 AM

i thought it was funny. no idea what most of it means, but pretty funny.