Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

The moderators of this forum, and a few other boards here, have moved around / banned / deleted so much that it's nearly impossible to read anything that goes on here. Combine that with the horrible software upgrade, and this place is in terrible shape.

I agree with everything Paul said, save for the Hitler Youth. I think it's enough to call the moderation of this board idiotic without envoking Semitic coparisions of any kind. I get what he's saying but other people will look right past the meaning and focus on the buzzwords.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What happened in the Lee Jones thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find the thread, its in the books forum maybe in the last year. If someone finds it and posts it you might see some parallels.

I must be a bad searcher. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

this one?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:49 PM

"The comparison to Hitler, Hitler youth, and anything else Nazi related is overused by society but I have to say this is one example of it being a just comparison."

What is the probability Paul Phillips agrees with that statement?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:50 PM

That's the one! I truly am a crappy searcher.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul,

Sometimes the person telling you not to post, is not who you'd expect.

[/ QUOTE ]

best gimmick acount ever ):
Old 11-09-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am very sorry to mason that he is so lame.
I am very sorry to the forum that you're stuck with mason and the rest of the hitler youth.

Best wishes,
paulp

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm sorry you're such a jerk!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 02:52 PM

It helps if you select "from all dates" on the archive server. The default option makes it look like there's no posts.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is the problem that Paul made derogatory remarks about a moderator and the site or was it his bad language and rude tone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul put his opinion of the problem on his site.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

If the copy of the post on Paul's website is what he posted, and if it is what this is all about, banning is mega-overkill. That post is an honest opinion and is potentially constructive criticism. His phrasing of his criticism may not have been as diplomatic as possible, but that post ranks way above the current 2+2 average in civility.

Mason's e-mail, if quoted correctly, says that people like Paul are held to a higher standard. The logic of this escapes me. Why shouldn't everyone be held to the same standard? If anything, people who contribute nothing of value should be held to a higher standard of civility. Zero content plus rude behavior equals negative contribution. (2 + 2 = 4 !!!!)
Old 11-09-2005, 02:53 PM

Mason,
Why make such a ridiculous overreaction? Sure Paul is opinionated and not always tactful, but the quality of 2+2 suffers everytime good posters are chased off.

IMO, online forums tend to suffer when moderation becomes too zealous. The readers just need to ignore the trolls and the moderators just need to remove the obvious crap.

At least there will be dozens of great posts by Vincent Lepore and Smoothcall to read.

Signed,
A Disappointed 2+2er
Old 11-09-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's the one! I truly am a crappy searcher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint: If you click on the "View" column on the forum page, all the mega-large threads are at the top of the list - no need to use the search function.
Closed Thread