Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 05:32 PM

Default River Cap Spewing?

Been awhile since I've played full table and getting comfortable again at 2/4 before reverting to my regular levels. No great reads. Villain in this hand seemed to have TAGish stats (like 18/10 pre-flop), but no postflop reads. UTG is a bit erratic, but he'll see a showdown with any premium hand regardless of the board. MP is a bit short-stacked and no read on his play (but I presume a donk given the stack size). I think I played this OK though maybe I shouldn't have capped the river????? I'm posting results and chat afterwards because I couldn't believe Villain's holding - but please try to comment without taking into account the results.

Misplayed anywhere?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (Villain) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO (Villain) calls.

Flop: (17.5 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Villain calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Villain calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (16.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Villain calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls (all-in), Villain calls, Hero calls.

River: (32.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Villain calls.

Final Pot: 44.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has As Ah (full house, Aces full of threes).
UTG+1 has Kc Kd (full house, threes full of Kings).
MP2 has Ac Qs (full house, threes full of Aces).
Villain has 8d 3h (four of a kind, threes).
Outcome: Villain wins 44.75 BB. </font>

Chat:

Me: nh
Villain: woof! woof!
Old 10-25-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: River Cap Spewing?

This post is hilarious whether it happened to you or not. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 05:37 PM

You so had me until the chat dialogue.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:38 PM

woof woof
Old 10-25-2005, 05:43 PM

No way this can be real.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:43 PM

What a cute extended slowplay. I assume CO gets to cash in like this a lot when he 3-bets 83o [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (versus a PFR who always shows down his premium hands, no less).

During the hand, Villain's cold-calls would make me a little bit suspicious, but when he woke up on the river I'd figure he probably had just caught fours full of aces with his AK or was through slowplaying with his queens full.

Earlier on, QQ is also a hand I'd be somewhat concerned about for UTG+1. But I think you played the hand all right. This is just one of those hands where all the wrong cards kept falling.

Edit: All right, I've read the other responses, and now I get the barking at the end.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:47 PM

AHAHAHAHAH read teh post titled "my dog is kicking butt" and you'll have your answer on villains holding. [censored] hilarious
Old 10-25-2005, 05:56 PM

Wow, if she made this topic without reading the dog topic first, then this is pure gold!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Catt eaten by Dog

This is hilarious.

The "My dog is kicking butt" post is funny.

I read this post and didn't make the connection immediately. I also didn't notice right away the funny handle of the Dog hand poster.

And now I notice...the "victim" of the ass kicking poker dog goes by the handle Catt? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You guys are hilarious and you had me going. Nice.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Catt eaten by Dog

[ QUOTE ]
And now I notice...the "victim" of the ass kicking poker dog goes by the handle Catt? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone noticed this since I am not one to make this sort of post but couldn't resist given my 2+2 handle. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]