Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Maybe interesting

Not a great read on Villain. He is like a 30/10 over a smallish number of hands (maybe ~60). He generally seems too passive postflop, and seems pretty straightforward (I haven't seen anything particularly tricky yet). I've been a bit card dead, and probably haven't made too much of an impression if he's paying attention - I have been pushing pretty hard post-flop for the most part, though.

I'll post the river action after (if) the turn gets some attention. Maybe this is interesting; maybe it's not.

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero . . .
Old 10-20-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Maybe interesting

i'd call. There's 12 Ak combos. 3 JJ, 3 QQ that might wait till the turn. KQ could possibly wait till the turn as might KK or AA. This could be KJ or AT as well which beats you. The AK combos make this enough for a call down getting 11.75:2 effective odds. 3betting the turn is way too much action. What sucks is AK has 12 outs.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:33 PM

OK. Turn's probably not interesting. I figured it was a call, but was curious if anyone would argue that a 3-bet makes any sense.

Maybe the river is interesting. What's Hero's line?

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero . . .
Old 10-20-2005, 11:42 PM

The hand just got interesting. I think bet/call is a good line for the river. If he's a thinker (which it looks like from your read) the only hands you beat that bet this river are AT and JJ and I don't think they are there often enough for you to c/r. If he has AA, AK or KJ a queen is the worst river card for him and he's usually checking behind IMO.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:50 PM

I definitely bet, because the Queen is scare card and I don't want him to check behind a pair of Ks or As.

If we're raised, his hand range is something like:

ATs, ATo , KQo, KQs, KK, JJ.
QJs, QJo, 44, T9s discounted(he probably doesn't 3-bet these pre flop too often).
AA, AK heavily discounted.

Even against the conservative range, we're such a heavy favorite that we should bet-3bet even though we have to pay off a better hand that caps:

Board: Qc Jh Ks 4h Qd
equity (%)
26% { KK, JJ, ATs, KQs, ATo, KQo }
74% { QJo }

So. Bet-3bet.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:30 AM

Given the action so far, it's hard to consider many hands other than these...

Ahead of:
AA - 6
AK - 12
-------

Behind:
AT - 16
KK - 3
KQ - 6
QQ - 1
JJ - 1
-------

AT and KQ also seem less like for a 30/10 guy to 3bet preflop, but you'd have a better idea about this.

Obviously, it's easier to imagine his turn raise with the "behind" list. The ahead list isn't that improbable though.

If you can narrow his hand range down to exclude AT and KQ and can see him raising the turn with AK and AA, then you can 3bet this turn I think.