Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 09:19 AM

Default The letter I sent to Party

Dear Sirs,

I have been a player at Party Poker for about two years. I have enjoyed my experience, and appreciate being able to play poker from the comfort of my home. I believe that you have an excellent service and am grateful for your providing it.

However, there is one thing that distresses me. The amount of spam coming across the table chat box is increasing at an alarming rate. I regularly see messages advertising various poker related merchandise, pokes sites, and poker services. Some of these advertisements appear to be something that may be helpful to serious players. Some of them, on the other hand, are pure scams, directed at the gullible individuals who fall for false promises. Some are affiliates attempting to make money from your players by having them sign-up at another site. Other ads are promoting products that you yourself have deemed undesirable within the online poker community. You have prohibited the use of some software and locked or closed players’ accounts who continue to use them.

Here is a sampling of the ads I have copied from the chat box, just during the last couple days:

The list from my post was here

Up until now, I have reported a few instances of observer chat to you, that I thought was detrimental, but the messages continue. Not only do they continue, but the rate at which they continue is increasing very rapidly.

I could just ignore it, if the messages weren't deceptive, but I'm afraid they influence your customer base, leading them to believe things like other people can see your hole cards, and that there is a way to cheat at online poker!

I could just ignore it, if the messages did not promote the ability to give a player an unfair advantage over others (ie. Poker Edge, Poker Prophecy, etc.)

It is my opinion that you have to do something about this problem. I do not know if the solution is blocking observer chat, requiring an active, funded account to have chat ability, or warning and closing accounts of repeat offenders. I am confident that there is something that you can do to alleviate the problem.

I appreciate your attention to this matter,
Signed by Me
Old 09-15-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: It\'s time to do something about the Party Spam (kinda long)

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!