Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 AM

Default It\'s time to do something about the Party Spam (kinda long)

A couple days ago I started copying some of the spam being sent through the Party chat into a word document so that I could send it to Party in a form of complaint/protest. This seems to growing and is becoming annoying (for various reasons). All we need is for players to start having their accounts frozen for using banned software or spend their money on scams instead of "investing" it at the tables, etc. I realize that some of these are legit, but still, Spam is Spam. Do we want to speed the learning process up too much?

So, I have decided to post my list here in the hopes that some of you will join me in sending the info to Party and Associates to try to get something done. If you choose to participate, an e-mail needs to go to each site with details of the complaint. If you think I am out of line with this, please explain why. If you agree, please help. Feel free to cut-n-paste from the list that follows:

blastmisvolk: Do you know your odds of winning this hand? The pros do. FREE Download www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

kleptomaxkq: Do you know your odds of winning this hand? The pros do. FREE Download www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

TestTubeAce: Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

TestTubeAce: Make $50-$500/hr playing Poker www . AceFlop . com (no spaces)

MoneyBags347: Get 35% of your rake-back instantly. More info at itsyourrake . com

qbkillacam: Deposit $20 receive $50 free instantly visit (WWW .POKERSLUTE.NET)

OddsOuts: Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

KnowYourOdds: Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

slabokure9: Make $50-$500/hr playing Poker www . ShowAces . com (no spaces)

buckeye0521: if any of u would like to try p okerchamps; i can hook u up with a free $20 start-up. no strings

WinAtP0KER: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

morningwhore: Deposit $20 receive $50 free instantly visit (WWW .POKERSLUTE.NET)

Auto_0dds_4U: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

Make_Money7: Make $50-$500/hr playing Poker www . AceFlop . com (no spaces)

chomperpus: Deposit $20 receive $25 free instantly visit (WWW .POKERSLUTE.NET)

hupternilken: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

NoBadBeat333: Make $50-$500/hr playing Poker www . AceFlop . com (no spaces)

Auto_Calc: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

denbanwagon7: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

justtoosick: AMAZING!!!! Deposit $20 receive $50 free instantly visit (WWW .POKERSLUTE.NET)

hello910: Get 35% of your rake-back instantly. More info at www . deflatetherake . com

varoom222: Want 40% rake-back. More info at itsyourrake . com 5% bonus for Party Players

Automan_0dds: Automated Poker Odds Calculator. FREE Download for Party, E.mpire, Eurobet, etc. www . PartyPokerEdge . com (no spaces)

dchazmer: GambleOnUs , com for a free $30
Old 09-14-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: It\'s time to do something about the Party Spam (kinda long)

they've been banning accounts, but they just create gnome accounts to continue spamming.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they've been banning accounts, but they just create gnome accounts to continue spamming

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, but even Party has to wise up eventually and start limiting the number of additional accounts that can created using same/similar information. Especially if it is pointed out repeatedly.

I have sat back for a long time and read other posts about spmming in the chat, and thought that it would be a futile effort. Each time I saw a spam go through the chat from table to table I thought "someone should do something". Well, I am going to do my part, no matter how futile it is. If I don't try - I can't bitch about it.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:19 PM

The solution is obvious: ban chat from railbirds.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:28 PM

Only allow chat from railbirds with $100 in account.

Immediately confiscate all funds from offenders.

If it is determined that $100 loss is not enough to limit spam keep raising minimum.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:33 PM

It would take a Party Poker engineer a few minutes using your e-mail to add each offending site name to their profanity filter.

The spammers will adapt by adding more spaces and underscores, but it's a nice step to add to other steps such as banning railbird chat from offenders with no real money in the account.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:43 PM

Biker #2: I say we kill him!
Biker Gang: [shouts] Yeah!
Biker #3: I say we hang him, then we kill him!
Biker #4: I say we stomp him!
Biker #4: Then we tattoo him!
Biker #4: Then we hang him!
Biker #4: And then we kill him!
Old 09-14-2005, 12:56 PM

Pee Wee: [whimper] I say we let him go.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:01 PM

Biker Gang: [shouts] No!
Old 09-14-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The solution is obvious: ban chat from railbirds.

[/ QUOTE ]

... where the railbird's MGR is less than $x, where $x makes it cost ineffective to churn through gnome accounts.

this is a really easy problem to solve without affecting anyone real.