Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 03:34 AM

Default BB special or chip spewing?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

<font color="green"> should i be checking this since my kicker is garbage? i 3-bet this because villain could be raising with a flush draw, and i really want the other player out. at least that worked</font>

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

<font color="green"> well i still have top pair and he could have a flush draw so let's make him pay for it. i figure i'm calling him if he bets anyways, and will fold if he raises</font>

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 ?.

<font color="green">no flush. maybe that ace scares him i'll bet because i'm calling a bet anyways</font>

is this ok or will it get me into trouble?
Old 07-07-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: BB special or chip spewing?

With that kicker and the field you are facing, depending on reads and table conditions, I would probably try to check-raise the flop when the bet comes from late position and lead that turn. When it gets checked through lead the turn.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: BB special or chip spewing?

[ QUOTE ]
maybe that ace scares him i'll bet because i'm calling a bet anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the ace is going to scare him because of all the aggression you've shown already.

This is a tough river card. If he has a flush draw, a fair amount of the time it's going to be an ace-high one. If he had middle or bottom pair, his kicker will also often be an ace. If he just has a busted flush draw with no pair, he's folding to your bet, but he may try and pick up the pot by betting the scare card on the river if checked to.

I think I like a river check-call on this specific river card. It's especially important if you aren't comfortable folding to a raise from this player (because he's tricky -- not sure what your read is on him).

-McGee