Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 12:19 PM

Default A solution for all the America haters out there

Hate America? Think Bush is Eeeevil? The government was behind 9/11? Well, here’s the perfect solution…..

Step1

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

Step2

http://www.aircanada.com/en/home.html

Have a nice flight and don’t let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Flame away
Old 06-19-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: A solution for all the America haters out there

This thread has so much potential.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:17 PM

I have never met an American yet who hates America. Though I have come across a number of surprisingly ignorant people who think that those who don't like Bush hate America.

Its funny, too, how these same ignorant folk didn't leave America if they hated Clinton. Yet expect those who hate Bush to leave.

(btw- I'm aware your post was intended to be funny (at least I assume so), but there are a number of people who would be sincere so I'm addressing those types.)

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2005, 01:39 PM

What about me.

I quite like "America" (Quotes because this word probably means something very different to you than it does to me) but think Bush is a complete and utter twat.

Also I dont need to go from one colony to another as I am in Britian.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:24 PM

Wow. What a great post. I am Canadian. I don't hate America. I don't even hate Bush. I don't hate republicans. I don't hate democrats. Infact, I don't hate anybody. To me, it's all one big pile of human sh!t that we just happen to be at the bottom of. Nothing to particularly dislike about it, nor to particularly like about it.

Do I think America was responsible for 911? Absolutely. Do I "fault" them for it? Absolutely not.

They did it because they felt it was necessary to preserve their way of life, and to hopefully secure the future for generations to come. Everything is calculated. It's just the natural course of evolution. The strong weeding out the weak if you will. But because of our natural "compassion" for others, we blind ourselves to the fact that everything we have is based on all we believe to be "wrong" with the world.

This should help you to understand. http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Because petrochemicals are key components to much more than just the gas in your car. As geologist Dale Allen Pfeiffer points out in his article entitled, "Eating Fossil Fuels," approximately 10 calories of fossil fuels are required to produce every 1 calorie of food eaten in the US.

The size of this ratio stems from the fact that every step of modern food production is fossil fuel and petrochemical powered:

1. Pesticides are made from oil;
2. Commercial fertilizers are made from ammonia, which is made from natural gas, which will peak about 10 years after oil peaks;
3. Farming implements such as tractors and trailers are constructed and powered using oil;
4. Food storage systems such as refrigerators are manufactured in oil-powered plants, distributed across oil-powered transportation networks and usually run on electricity, which most often comes from natural gas or coal;
5. In the US, the average piece of food is transported almost 1,500 miles before it gets to your plate. In Canada, the average piece of food is transported 5,000 miles from where it is produced to where it is consumed.

In short, people gobble oil like two-legged SUVs. It's not just transportation and agriculture that are entirely dependent on abundant, cheap oil. Modern medicine, water distribution, and national defense are each entirely powered by oil and petroleum derived chemicals.

In addition to transportation, food, water, and modern medicine, mass quantities of oil are required for all plastics, all computers and all high-tech devices.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm aware your post was intended to be funny

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! You get it and win the prize!! Would you like a window seat? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 02:40 AM

Be careful about Savinar, though...
if you havn't found it already;
www.peakoil.com
Old 06-20-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I dont need to go from one colony to another as I am in Britian.

[/ QUOTE ] I am not sure what you are talking about. Last time I checked, Canada was the 51st state.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:07 AM

Default you obviously hate America

Please leave.
You are just another hate filled Nazi neocon that despises the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:01 AM

I love America, but hate the country that it's gradually turning into. Refer to SpearsBritney's post, but in a more negative light.