Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Party till you Cruise II -- Party wised up

[ QUOTE ]
they do lose money if they give-away a ton of these since it all goes into the prize-pool so I think you are overlooking that part.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is crazy bob. this is for their own cruise. the more people who play, the bigger the pool the more publicity etc. this is marketing costs that i'm certain they are not concerned with break even.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:29 PM

I agree that the guy who came on here didn't seem too credible.

Only 5 or 6 guys getting it with zero guys complaining is not fool-proof evidence of your theory of course...but I do agree it's interesting that nobody has heard from anyone who said they reported their 30k points too late and therefore didn't get the cruise.

I wouldn't think party would care too much about the crappy publicity of someone not getting it.

Maybe it's possible there just weren't enough 10/20 6-max multi-tabling marathon-maniacs out there and they didn't even give-away 20 seats to begin with on the first one.

Remember, almost 500 people had won seats via the satellites...so a lot of people who really wanted the cruise already got their seat.
This, of course, eliminated a lot of the players who would have otherwise tried to do the marathon.

I really don't know though...you are correct that only the folks at party really know all the details on this.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:34 PM

If they give away 30 seats then that is $300k they are just adding into the prize pool.

I doubt that building their overall prize-pool from $7-mil to $7.3-mil is worth the $300k in expenses.

If they aren't getting back most of the money in rake then they are certainly hurting themselves.

All the other people who won it via satellites won it from money contributed from all the other players (except I heard somewhere that they had some decent overlays in these sat's).
But for teh cruise promotion...they need to get that money in players getting their hands in at the table.
It's not like the prize-pool money magically appears out of nowhere.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:37 PM

as we agree, nobody but them knows and the rest is speculation. my speculation still says they will fill every last seat/cabin that they can and these promos are a great way to do it because they reward the hardcore base. but my speculation also takes into account for the fact that this hardcore base are the very last people they would alienate with an email that says they bubbled. giving it to all the maniacs that accumulated the points is a great way to spend part of a marketing budget. turning someone down is a great way to completely void the benefits of such a promotion.

let me put it this way. had microbob bubbled, they would not have been very happy with the publicity.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 PM

until we hear from 1 or 2 credible folk who say they got the required number of points but were told they were too late your theory has merit.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:54 PM

You're a crazy guy, Bob. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You have my respect for playing so much poker in such a short amount of time.

It's really a great story. If you win this event you could probably write a book about it.

Dead
Old 02-16-2005, 07:56 PM

If I won $2-mil or so am I really going to want to sit-down and write a book?

Hell...I couldn't even begin to think of a title...perhaps,
'How to suck at poker and make 2-million dollars'
Old 02-17-2005, 12:02 AM

My brother got the free cruise via referring (sp) people. Since he had already referred over 10 people, each additional person got him 3,000 points. So he only had to refer 10 people. All of his referrals were legit and everyone used their own credit card so he wasnt bugged to badly. It turned out to be a good deal. He got done in 3 days but the points didnt update for an extra day, but they "timestamped" him before the points actually updated. Needless to say I am happy about it since I got invited. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I won $2-mil or so am I really going to want to sit-down and write a book?

Hell...I couldn't even begin to think of a title...perhaps,
'How to suck at poker and make 2-million dollars'

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't really be a book as it would be just 3 words:
Play a lot.