Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Official Micro-Limit October Goals

[ QUOTE ]
"I think both of you want to do me. I wanted to decide tonight, but I just can't. I want to do both of you but I don't want to ruin your friendship. I'd be down for the 2 on 1 if you two would be, but I don't know how to talk to Hot Friend about it, without risking offending her." Chicks dig the honesty thing.

Asking a woman for 2 on 1 action is majorly -EV. Just !@#$ the ugly one. This will get the hot one jealous, and she'll start trying to move in on you. Then get them both together and voila!

[/ QUOTE ]

Strong in the force, this one is. If your goal is to bag both, get the "not as hot" one first.

Don't stress too much over their friendship, they'll grow apart after college anyways [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. cash out and quit poker

[/ QUOTE ]
Running that badly, or really giving it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

running badly. on sept 26th i cashed out a bunch of money and moved down to 1/2 6max from 3/6 6max so i could play more tables and more relaxed. instead i'm running at -4/bb over about 3k hands. not too long a strech but it sucks none the less.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in that exact same spot right now. It sucks so bad, dropping down in limits feels like crap.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. cash out and quit poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you. I cashed out this weekend, too, because I ran so bad Friday night. I had been winning about 1BB/100 over the past week, then Friday night I lost double what I had made, and then some.

But I put back in some money to play some .5/1. I don't have the bankroll to be at 1/2 anymore, so I guess I'm rebuilding.

So October goals? Umm... build bankroll is about it, I guess.

KO
Old 10-03-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She's kinda got the goth thing going on

[/ QUOTE ]

Game, Set, Match...go with the other chick
Old 10-03-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any 2 on 1 suggestion has to be the idea of one of the girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, change the script. To Goth, while Hot is in the head: "I'm really attracted to both of you, and I don't know what to do about it because I don't want to ruin your friendship with each other." (Perhaps raise an eyebrow, a la John Belushi in Blues Brothers, during the italicized part.) Edit: Take out "friendship", insert "connection."

And, I certainly hope that times haven't changed THIS much since I was in college. One, the direct approach is definitely +EV in the short-term (you're not actually looking for a relationship with either of these chicks, right?), party-hookup world. Two, when you have the opportunity to have steak AND lobster for the same price, you don't just eat the steak; you can always go to another restaurant and order just a steak if the maitre d' throws you out for singing too loud over your salad, but you MUST at least try to get the surf 'n turf.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:31 PM

Alright. That approach definitely sounds like a possibility, especially with the choice of "connection." Good going, man.

However, there are a couple more things. I'm not dealing with college girls, and I'm not a college guy. Also, the goth one is going to be away for a while, so I'm probably going to "just" end up hooking up with the hot one. I'll probably end up saving your approach in my back pocket for another time.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:55 PM

Glad you liked it.

Just to clarify, when I use the term "college" I mean, "twenty-something (usually), going out to bars 2-3 nights a week, not at home cuddling over bad HBO movies and ordering Chinese take-out for dinner". I know women that are pushing 40 that still fall into the "college girl" category, same with guys.

Sub-categories are just like poker: loose-passive and loose-aggressive. Sounds to me like you've got one of each, and just like at the table you need to figure out how to get the LP trapped between yourself and the LAG...in this case, literally. Watch out if Goth shows up at your house carrying something that looks like a piccolo case, or introduces you to her friend with the Batman fixation.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:02 PM

Ah, ok. I guess once we've got the nomenclature cleared up, we fit into your category. However, I think that there are a lot of differences between picking up girls at a college party versus in a bar. We'll save that for another time and another thread, however. We've probably hijacked Jax's thread enough (too much) already.

I did get a good laugh out of your poker analogy, btw. Loose and aggressive are definitely two good descriptors of the goth chick. The hot one I wouldn't describe as loose passive, however. She's tighter, and she definitely knows how to raise when, ahem, holding the nuts. And wasn't the goal of your previous post to get ME trapped between THEM?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:02 PM

Poker goals:

1. Play 15000 hands.
2. Start playing 3 tables 6max (if I don't still suck)
3. Post or respond to average of 70 hands.
4. Actually read all of Wookie's 6max baby steps threads.
5. Read Yao's book.
6. Go through SSH hand quizzes 3 more times (maybe not PF quizes) and reread the meat of the book.

Non poker related

1. Practice my banjo at least 10hrs/week when I get it back from the shop.
2. Go to the gym 3 times/week barring injury.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And wasn't the goal of your previous post to get ME trapped between THEM?

[/ QUOTE ]

All in good time, my friend. First you need to get TP Hot comfortable in this brave, new world. Best way to do that is for HER to be getting all the attention.

And, you're right. Time to leave Jax's thread alone.