Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Party PL/NL Rake Change observation

With the new rake being taken out at the PL/NL25 & 50 level it appears that more hands are being counted towards bonus clearing. HOWEVER, the hands that are only raked $.05 appear to be counted as 1/3-1/2 a hand. Has anyone else noticed this?

For Mulit Bonus Madness - through last night:

I have played 3700 Hands.
PT shows that 3070 were raked ($.05 or more).
MultiPoker shows that 2650 hands were raked.

There were more than 400 hands that were raked for $.o5. I stopped counting at about 600, but there were many more shown in PT.

On Party/Empire,Multi, etc. rake structure page it says that a "raked hand" is any hand that has rake of $.01 or more. I have not been able to see a copy of the Bonus T&Cs (unable to locate the new ones).

Anyone have any thoughts they would like to share with the rest of the class?
Old 09-04-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Party PL/NL Rake Change observation

i observed that .05 for every dollar a while ago.. . . this isnt news.

however, i was unaware you get 1/2 or 1/3 credit for a .05 raked hand? are you sure of this or is this just some guess?
Old 09-04-2005, 04:08 PM

It is an observation (guess) I made while looking at the raked hand counts between Multi and PT. There is now a difference. PT that counts the hands as raked, but the number of hands that Multi counts seems to be higher than appear to be ONLY hands raked for $.10 or more. It seems to be some in between.

Just looking for confirmation. Also, on the rake schedule it says [ QUOTE ]
Player Raked Hand: Player Raked Hand is defined as a hand in which a player has contributed 1 cent or more in rake.

[/ QUOTE ] This leads me to believe that all PL/NL hands that have been raked $.05 or more should be counted towards bonus clearing.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is an observation (guess) I made while looking at the raked hand counts between Multi and PT. There is now a difference. PT that counts the hands as raked, but the number of hands that Multi counts seems to be higher than appear to be ONLY hands raked for $.10 or more. It seems to be some in between.

Just looking for confirmation. Also, on the rake schedule it says [ QUOTE ]
Player Raked Hand: Player Raked Hand is defined as a hand in which a player has contributed 1 cent or more in rake.

[/ QUOTE ] This leads me to believe that all PL/NL hands that have been raked $.05 or more should be counted towards bonus clearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on Party's model for contributed rake, this makes sense for pots to be raked .10 or more to count. Perhaps if there are 5 or fewer players at a table, .05 raked from the pot would count (MGR >= 0.01), but if there are more than 5, you need a .10 rake (MGR >= 0.01).
Old 09-04-2005, 04:26 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess that explains why it appears that some $.05 hands are being counted and others are not.