Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 01:42 AM

Default K10 in BB - you paying this off?

No reads on villain. I really hate this hand. What line should we be taking? How bad is paying till the river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 08-13-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: K10 in BB - you paying this off?

Fold the turn. When UTG+1 bets into two players after 3-betting the flop you have to believe he has your pair of tens with king kicker beaten. I'd say his range of hands is a set of 6s or 7s, 67, 89, AT, or possibly a worse ten. There aren't many worse tens on the turn, and quite a few have straight redraws against you. The other hands you beat (draws and lesser pairs) don't usually bet the turn again into two players. If you'd improved on the turn or the pot was a few big bets larger it'd be worth calling down, but you can muck without putting in a big bet.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:52 AM

I would think about folding on the turn because there are two players that dont seem to be going anywhere and one of them is bound to be beating you. The small blind led into the field and called 2 cold and i dont know that a reasonable player does this with a hand q10, The utg 3 bet you which likely means he has a set or some other holding that is probably ahead of you. If the small blind folds the turn or folp i would be tempted to call down but in your case i would fold the turn.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:01 AM

I fold on the turn unless I have a read on my opponent. Unless he is overly aggressive, he has you beat and you may even be drawing dead.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:11 AM

I would fold here on the turn also. Theres too many draws on the board. Someone may already have a straight and the SB was probably drawing to a flush. UTG1 could have A10, flopped a set of 7s (i dont think hed be playing 66 here), or be may have flopped a straight.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:12 AM

easy check fold on the turn. reason being a bet a raise and he even reraises means a lot, he could have the straight or even a set. dangerous board to be calling all the way
Old 08-13-2005, 04:26 AM

I thought I was going to get flamed for saying fold the turn, but it looks like everyone agrees.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I was going to get flamed for saying fold the turn, but it looks like everyone agrees.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're ahead on the turn, its hard to see what cards will keep us ahead by the river with how our villian played, except maybe a 2 or 3.

And thats only if we're ahead.