Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 02:31 PM

Default DonkBet the Turn from the BB

Last handpost from recent sessions.

Only an orbit or so at the table. PFR is 55/30 over ~60 hands (no notes - probably datamined). Other two are loose-passive calling station types (SB is a buddy and the reason I'm at the table; Button is unknown except for ~100 hands showing LP stats).

Reasonably standard, or do you play it differently?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: DonkBet the Turn from the BB

One and only bumperooski.

If this is totally boring / standard, just let it drift back off the page without comment . . .
Old 06-22-2005, 08:16 PM

I like it.

Krishan
Old 06-22-2005, 08:18 PM

I might bet the flop hoping the PF raiser clears out the field. After check calling the flop, I like leading the turn.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:25 PM

I like either of these lines. I think the 9 is a great card to donkbet on the turn.

-Mike
Old 06-22-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
luckyharr wrote: I might bet the flop hoping the PF raiser clears out the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

PFR raises, clears the field. What's your action on the turn if a blank falls (say, 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])? If a non-A overcard falls? Stop n go or check (and with what intention)?

[ QUOTE ]
mperich wrote: I think the 9 is a great card to donkbet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But what do I do if a blank falls (say the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])? If an overcard falls? This was my concern when I saw the flop and resolved to "check-and-see-what-happens." With a couple of passives sitting behind the PFR, do I still donk-bet, or do I check and risk giving a free card. I think I probably "check-and-see-what-happens" again, with the intention of ck-folding, ck-calling, or ck-raising depending on what happens. But then again I might consider a donkbet since the flop seems pretty unlikely to have hit anyone and donkbets mess with people's minds. I think I got pretty lucky with the 9 falling on the turn.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might bet the flop hoping the PF raiser clears out the field. After check calling the flop, I like leading the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to write that betting into a PFRer in a largish field usually only accomplishes getting you HU with a better hand, but I'm wondering if thats not good here. If you had a smallish PP with few outs, getting HU with an overpair is terrible. But the pot is decent enough that getting HU against a hand like QQ,KK,JJ probably isn't that bad because you have 5 outs to beat those hands. In addition, if the guy will raise AK,AQ ect, you might get it HU with a hand you have reverse dominated. I dunno, I may be off here, but I wanted to throw it out there with you.

Also, as Catt responded, what do you do on a blank if you get it HU? I think this is pretty easy if its HU, check-call. If he has the AK,AQ then you have him in bad shape betting against you dominating hand, and a free card isn't going to kill you w/ so few outs.

Also, I think with this line I check-fold an A,K and maybe Q