Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: A bubble hand with some context

[ QUOTE ]

I predict we will see this comment often in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

That certainly wasn't the *only* factor in my decision! I listed several others. I suppose the fact that my call was correct has no bearing on the decision... I thought that this opponent would stop and go me with garbage often enough that the call was at worst close.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The odds are nice here, and I'd probably call with like a KQ, cause a lot of players are doing this with something like K9. Problem is, the average player is doing this with something like K9...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. However, this has nothing to do with the hand that I'm posted the context for... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I really want to know how whether the flop in the last hand is a fold or not [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That certainly wasn't the *only* factor in my decision! I listed several others. I suppose the fact that my call was correct has no bearing on the decision... I thought that this opponent would stop and go me with garbage often enough that the call was at worst close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. Trying to get someone who has made poor decisions to make another one isn't bad poker.

I just think the members of this forum as a collective will lose more chips by asking the question "what would Gigabet do here" than they will gain.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:35 PM

I don't know if I like the initial raise. I know you're on the bubble and you can't let yourself get blinded down, but K4s with a semi-callbox donk right behind you, when you're UTG, isn't really a situation where I want to be pushing things... You've got almost 13xBB left, and presumably blinds aren't going up in a while since the ante just kicked in? The problem, as I see it, is your raise makes the pot too big to make a strong play at the pot post-flop and still have a reasonable stack if you fold. So you bet 500 into ~1200. His raise could just be a f**k you raise with the big stack for betting <1/2 pot. I think you have to fold, but I don't think I'd have gotten involved in the first place.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but K4s with a semi-callbox donk right behind you, when you're UTG,

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG 4 handed is not UTG 9 handed. I have position after the flop 2/3 of the time assuming 1 caller. Also note in my original post Villian had actually been quite tight *preflop*, just not post flop. Basically it seemed that he decided if he was playing a hand, and if he was he stuck with that decision for the most part even when he only had A high.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:13 PM

Default RESULTS

I folded. The Button was kind enough to show me his 22.

I busted out 2 hands later when the Button called the blind and I checked my option with Q4o. Flop QTx, I move in for a little over 2x the pot, he calls with KJ, a 9 hits the river and I am done.

That doesn't happen if I don't lose the posted pot, though.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Rather than worrying about the hand that followed it I'd worry about your action on that hand: Raising PF with pap and then betting just enough on the flop to allow a raise to put you into a position where you couldnt call.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Rather than worrying about the hand that followed it I'd worry about your action on that hand: Raising PF with pap and then betting just enough on the flop to allow a raise to put you into a position where you couldnt call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about the hand that followed. I played that hand right and lost, no big deal. I'm just annoyed that I folded the best hand here against an opponent that comes in with trash, but I came in with trash too so I didn't know if my trash was worse than his trash.

Maybe I should c/r allin on the flop, and put him to the decision?