Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 02:37 AM

Default NWP on the stars 100-200 game

What do you guys think about this post. It is on the NWP site. I consider chpmover to be a force in the game. His post below lowers what I think of him but neverless I feel he is better than most. BabyHahn is ultra aggressive and tough IMO but very beatable as druff stated. Piejay I feel is very good HU but not so hot in a med. to full game. Illari Fin I think is a nutjob but regardless, I have found the 1-2 stars game to be very good the last few months...any comments from any of the regulars? THe post below..
Druff, I'm just loooking for your opinions on the way the 100/200 on stars has changed over the past half year.

First, my background. I played 100/200 for the first time in mid December. I was inexperienced and underbankrolled and although I kept my head above water for most of 2 1/2 months, I eventually went on tilt due to 5k heads up losses and had to rebuild(although despite the rumor, I certainly never went broke) . Now, 5 months later, I am back. After 3 of the hottest weeks of my poker career, playing 30/60 and heads up 50/100 on UB, I have a workable 100/200 bankroll and am looking to play the game again and do well. My 5k sng career is all but over.

Through observing and playing over the past week or so, it seems to me this game has gotten EXTREMELY soft since I was last here. I also believe I have improved quite a bit since then and thus love my chances to do well here.

So is it just me or has this game really become a lot softer. I realize I am running hot and I realize back when I played 7 months ago, I was less experienced with high limit hold 'em. But I just can't believe some of the "regulars" in this game such as BABYHAN, Llari Fin and piejay making ridiculous plays and spewing off cash at an alarming rate. Not to mention all the other donks taking their nightly shots.

Comments from Druff and others welcome. Thank you.

ChipMovr i totally agree with you on how the 100/200 has gotten soft i dont play in the 100/200 at pokerstars but i do watch the play there to see what the high limit players are doing and it seems like in the past few months that the game at pokerstas for 100/200 has changed a bit

DanDruff
NWP Bracelet Winner

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:44 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chipmovr, don't be fooled.

The game isn't soft, though admittedly it has been somewhat better in the past 2 weeks or so. It's still not a great game, but nowadays it has its moments.

I don't agree with your "past half year" assessment. For most of 2005, that game has sucked balls.

BABYHAN, for example, is super-aggressive, but not necessarily bad. In fact, most people have trouble with him heads up. (You have to be willing to put moves on and make very loose call-downs to beat him.) At first glance, one could say that he's terrible, but a more objective look will probably show him winning money.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't take a shot at the 100-200, but do so carefully. Make sure you're playing against actual donks or semi-donks, and not winning players with unusual styles.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: NWP on the stars 100-200 game

post the link pls.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:24 AM

i would play BABYHAN heads up until time itself unraveled.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:09 AM

http://www.neverwinpoker.com/phpnuke...pic&t=3623
Old 08-05-2005, 04:15 AM

That 22 hand makes me wonder how much of a force this guy really is...
Old 08-05-2005, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He claims it is doctored. if it isn't he is horrible
Old 08-05-2005, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is doctored. If you request the hand with that number you get some random tournament hand.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:32 AM

OK, that makes a lot more sense

I think the Druff chat added at the end kinda gave away that it was doctored though.. who can type that fast?
Old 08-05-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is doctored. If you request the hand with that number you get some random tournament hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 33 hand is not doctored, though. Yes, it's a good game when certain players are in it.