Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Played some PLO on stars

Played some 25 buyin to 200 buyin games at pokerstars and i like the games, although not as wild as party, still not bad at all.

Personally I think that if you're sitting out of party and skins for whatever reason, pokerstars is pretty good with a good variety of games.

What do you think, for a primary site for PLO, stars too tough? Or does the game selection of having a lot of games make up for that if you choose good games?

I've tried to go to other smaller sites like Doyles Room for PLO but it didn't have enough games.

Was gonna try Paradise but to be honest the software is something I don't want to look at for a long time and every time I check not that many games.

Also I noticed on stars that the 1-2 games seemed to be the juiciest out of the ones I played.

Also was somebody recommending pokerroom? I dont have their software installed so I havent checked it out.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Played some PLO on stars

The lowish limit games (upto $200) are ok on stars but Party was/is (I haven't played at Party post split) alot better.

FWIW worth I am rather nervous of the highrer limit Stars games. Posts like these Stars O8 game don't help

I have heard that the Pokerroom games are good. I have never played there.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:07 PM

Ya, Pokerstars is fun. I also trust them more than I do some of the other sites. I think PokerStars will survive when one day the pokersites implode through too much competition and eventual scandal/corruption/thievery.

Well, I wouldnt post this as a new thread, but since you mentioned it, I did play some PL 08 on Pokerstars for the first time this weekend at the .10/.25 level. I've played fixed 08, but I always liked having A-2 and knowing I was probably going to the river. A trained chimp can play low loose limit fixed 08.

Obviously with pot limit, A-2 without something else is asking to lose a good bit of your stack. I couldn't see really playing the .02/.04 levels because that's just insane.

Nice thing was after about an hour and some minutes I was up $30. A lot of people in on the pots, not much preflop raising, and I got big calls on the river when I held the nuts. 08 is a great game when you have a lot of action. A few months ago, I seemed to be in a lot of fixed 08 games, I think they were on Absolute, that everyone would fold to cutoff + 1 or cutoff, they raise and it was played max 3 people, some head to head, or the raise would win the blinds. That's pretty wacked. So I went back to Holdem and started playing Miller's short stack for No Limit, which so far is working out okay.

There's variance. You know you rarely see posts where someone goes to a game they just started playing and say "Hey! I got my butt kicked and lost ... and the game isn't very fun!"

But when beginners win at something new, they get excited and think they might have discovered the pot of gold.

The bad part of me thinks online sites might rig this--so I thought when I played my first pot limit omaha hand and I received 2 aces! (unfortunately since it was my first 0mahaHigh pot limit game, i was on the .02/.04 table), though still ended up losing the hand.

But ya, PokerStars isn't bad at all! And I'm back reading the 08 posts trying to pick up more on how to play 08 besides playing A-2, A-3, 4 cards above a 9, wait for the nuts....blah...
Old 10-09-2005, 10:59 PM

I've played Limit Omaha and PLO and OH8 on Party, Stars, Full tilt, Bodog, and some other sites that I can't remember right now. I don't consider myself a great Omaha player, but I like to play it. My favorite site is Pokerroom.com. The games are easy. If you are looking to win the WSOP event in PLO, keep playing Stars, the games are the toughest in every form of poker I've played on that site. I guess thats why the WSOP has been saturated with Stars proteges in recent years.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:34 AM

Thanks I think I'll check pokerroom out bw has a good sign up bonus. I wish doyles room had more games their pot limit games are great if they ever go.