Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 PM

Default starting hands -- a survey

I was doing some thinking. I would like to know how everybody on this forum plays certain hands before the flop, and how they see the values of different hands.

Here is a series of questions that I will answer myself.

Instead if giving the Miller chart response, I would like to know how everyone deviates from the charts.

1- I raise UTG with: AJ, ATs,
2- Least favorite playable hand: 88, because I can count on one finger how many pots I have won with these. I won't continue or argue this because this is not supposed to be a bad- beat post.
3- Favorite hand: AJ, QQ, oddly no- one ever suspects it.
4- Favorite trash hand: 64 offsoot, though I will never volutarly put my money in the pot with this.
5- Favorite "trashy" limping hands: K7 - K2 sooted, it goes against my "rock" image.
6- Hands I struggle to play well: ATo, ATs (?), KJo, KTo
7- Hands that I am testing: suited one and two gappers, many suited 8 and betters ie. Q8s, but only at loose passive tables where every one freezes up on the later streets, which is hardly ever.
I could come up with a bunch more questions, but I don't want to bombard, but if there any other hands that you all like to "misplay," I would like to know about it, along with any other thoughts on certain hand values.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: starting hands -- a survey

Just post hands and respond to threads with questions of this nature. PF play is a non-self weighting strategy, and evaluating hands based on past experience with them is no good.
Closed Thread