Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Bad play?

Playing pot limit 1/2 blinds, my stack is $89. I am dealt AA3K, and raise the pot which was $8. This is the first time I have raised pre-flop having played for over an hour with these two players at the table. I have two callers, one with $7 left and a big stack with over $200. The flop comes 82K rainbow, and I'm first to act. Is this my first mistake, but i raise just $8. The short stack calls and is now all in, the big stack calls. The turn brings another A, now I know I am in the lead for the high and so raise the pot. The big stack re-raises the rest of my stack all-in, which I am pleased to call. He shows 3344, and has a lock on the low. The river brings a 5 and he scoops. Now my question is has he played this badly in calling on the flop? My initial thought at the time was that he indeed played the hand badly and got lucky, but did he have the right pot odds to call? Bearing in mind I raised pre-flop and there was another caller, so you have to assume there is at least one ace gone. Advice please.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Bad play?

You bet too small on flop, looking like you got counterfeited, this is an easy pot bet with overpair+nut low draw+K. His call preflop was terrible, and his flop call was bad. Moving it all-in on the turn with nut low and a gutshot for high isn't so hot, but probably thinks you have a weak two pair, not top set here. Don't underbet great flops, unless you like them getting odds to chase.