Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Luv2DriveTT is right [AC trip non-report / Showboat review]

I'm sure he doesn't remember this, but a couple of months ago someone asked about playing B&M for the first time at a $3/6 somewhere in AC, and I suggested they buy in for a rack-and-stack (of $1 and $5 respectively). He "corrected" me to say that there're way too many red chips in the game anyway, so just buy in for 2 racks of white.

Well, I just went to AC for the third time, and he's absolutely right. It's just insane how much it slows down the $3/6 when everyone brings stacks of red to the game. It's sort of an exponential problem -- the first person putting in a red for $3 isn't a problem because there are $1 chips in the pot to give change, but when five are in for $6 and four of them put in two reds, even the excellent AC dealers are gonna have to take some time to make change. (I can't imagine how slow Foxwoods would be if their dealers had to worry about this.)

Anyway I had a generally nice three day visit. Borg on Monday, up about $25 or so at $2/4 and 3/6 HE. Showboat and Taj on Tuesday, not so good - down $160 or at $2/4 and $3/6 HE at the Showboat (the $2/4 is suckout heaven!), and $2/4 Omaha and $3/6 HE at the Taj. Wednesday dumb luck returned as all the $2/4 types paid me off at the Borg -- then also some $3/6 and $1-2 NLHE. Overall I was up about $100, not quite enough to pay for gas down there and two nights at a lovely Absecon motel.

Anyway, I've posted a wiki review of the Showboat, which I'd love for others to edit: http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/Showboat