Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2005, 11:52 AM

Default A potential race / A potential bluff.

Fulltilt.com, 24+4, Guaranteed 12,000

1. One spot to right of Dealer with A9o. I've been playing aggressively up to this point. 2300 chips, 25/50 blinds. I raise to 200. Both blinds call.

Pot 600

Flop: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets 150, BB calls. Action to me:

I know that SB is weak, he's been doing a lot of these mini-continuation bets, praying to win, ready to fold whenever raised. Unfortunately, BB just joined the table and I don't know his style. This could just be a smooth call by him, justified or not. What I do know is just how much time he took to make the call, I have a feeling he is on something like A10 or K10. What's my best strategy here?

2. Early position with 99. Blinds now at 40/80. Now at 2200. Raise to 200. Player in mid position, with 930, takes a long time to think about it and then pushes all in. Everyone folds to me. I write out "I know what you have," he respondeds "hmmmm..." I put him on KA, I'm 99% sure of it. What I'm not so sure of is whether I should take this race now. I'm a little under the chip average and the way these guys have been playing, if I can get up to 3,300, I can play aggro more comfortably and maybe get into a position where I can leap from 4,000 to 7,000 when I finally hit some cards (what a long week). Gotta keep building chips to win. Should I call? Or should I wait until my EV is better and guarantee being 25X BB?