Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Rebuy

If I have around the average stack then I don't add on. I think you have to evaluate how you are doing and the table you are at. If I have a lot more chips than the average at my table I don't add on either.

I just don't buy into the always add on mentality. I have done rebuys where I didn't even rebuy or add on and did just fine. I like to evaluate my table and players before I worry about adding on. Especially if there is some all-in fool at the table, then just take his chips.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:48 PM

I always add on, even if i'm #1 in chips, cause most everyone else adds on as well.

Exit, Have you slept yet!? you're a machine man.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:55 PM

Just having a maniac at the table isn't a good reason not to add-on. You want to make sure you have the all-in fool covered, twice over if possible. First off, because if you expect to double through him, you are actually buying twice as many chips- he can only double the stack you have. Secondly, you want to be able to survive a bad beat against the fool.