Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: 2 questions

You've made interesting posts in this thread IMO. I'll mull them over and I appreciate the time and effort you've spent in responding. Welcome to the forums.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:15 PM

Muse, what % equity do you estimate you have on the turn if neither draw hits? Do you agree this should determine whether or not the money you put in is earning/losing money? +/- EV

I once told a guy to lead his flush draw on the flop when it was 5 handed in a lp game, and he argued me for 15 minutes why that was a bad way to play. Eventually, I just gave up. This argument reminds me of that.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Canterbury a bet and 3 raises? If that is the case here I would 3 bet the flop. The preflop play is fine... possibly a 3 bet on some occasions... sometimes a fold. You probably are not losing a whole lot here either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

No its a 5-bet cap. Not sure it matters though, I like pounding this one, because action will slow when any draw hits. I doubt he is getting 4-bet, but it is certainly not the end of the world if he does. Dont particularly like the preflop call, but I understand how difficult this hand is to release against a bad player. I usually make 1 loose coldcall a session. As long as this doesnt become a standard coldcall I see no real problem w/ it.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:29 AM

Well Tulalip isn't spreading their 100-200, 200-400 nearly as much any more Bill Hagen has stopped playing there nearly as much. He'll stop by parkers and just BS I haven't heard where he's been playing my assumption is down at Muckleshoot, I've been taking trips up to Cananda at The Rock they have some great action up there. Anyways though yea when they have it you can find me there.... -Andrew
Old 12-12-2005, 02:07 PM

Entity if your intrested email me and we can exchange numbers I'll give you a call next time there is a good game if your serious. The 100-200, 200-400 they had up their this last summer treated me very well. A pretty good ring game, one of the best features was Tulalip was only raking a dollar a hand so all the big action players came up from muckleshoot. Anyways yea mail me if your serious. -ANdrew
Old 12-13-2005, 07:30 AM

Entity where do you play at? -Andrew
Old 12-13-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Entity where do you play at? -Andrew

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play live very often, so most of my live play is in Vegas (I've got a rep as basically never playing live). I've played at Tulalip recently and it was nice, but nothing special. I've just never heard of 100/200 being spread anywhere in the state -- Tulalip generally spreads 20/40 but has apparently been spreading a 40 full kill recently that seemed really good while I was there last time.

Rob
Old 12-13-2005, 02:47 PM

yea they only spread 20-40 on friday and saturday night they have their stupid 'no limit' which has killed all the limit action in the area higher than 8-16.... Tulalip had the bigger games this summer but now a few of the millioniares are working and with family vacationing. So the game really doesn't spread but it was an amazing game even though it was usually 6 handed. -ANdrew
Old 12-13-2005, 05:16 PM

I liked Tualalip because of the non-smoking poker room. I am curious to go play some of the smaller games in the smaller card rooms around here now that they are forced to be non-smoking.

PM me if you know of a good local place to play decent NL tournies. The small rooms have a riduculous blind structure.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what everyone said pf. and omg this is like the easiest flop 3-bet evaaaaar!

[/ QUOTE ]