Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Multitabling 3 5/10 vs. playing 1 15/30

This is something what i have been wondering, since the higher NL games(15/30 25/50) are getting harder and tighter all the time, and the change have been dramtic lately, ive been thinkin to start multitabeling those little games like 5/10.

I can win at the moment playing one short handed 15/30 or 25/50, but im thinking if i could actually make even more play three tablening 5/10nl 6seat. I dont have any experience about how multitabeling affect to errors make, so could i bassicly count 3*5/10=15/30, and since games look much softer i could make more money.

How about the bankroll management, should i keep more money on one site or does the same as for 15/30 be enough, or actually less? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

As you can see im pretty confused about this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Since i dont have any experience about multitabeling. Offcourse i would like to multitable 15/30 or 25/50 but there just isint enough games in sites I play on(prima and ladbrokes). And what I have heard of games in UB are much harder and full of pros.

All help appreciate! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Multitabling 3 5/10 vs. playing 1 15/30

I play ten tables at a time, .50/1 (Sad to say I couldn't cut it at 1/2, although I do still play 1/2 PLO). If you teach me how to beat 15/30 and 25/50, I'll give you some pointers on multitable play. I'm willing to come to Finland for that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously. I feel barely qualified to give you advice, but I think your bankroll doesn't need to be much bigger than a standard 5/10 bankroll. In effect, you're just playing more of the same game. How you align your sessions time-wise doesn't matter, it's the same number of hands. If you have an adequate 5/10 BR you shouldn't run out of money even playing five games on one site (the max for Prima and LB), much less with a 15/30 roll. I keep $1000 per site for the .5/1 games and since I also play on UB, so that's a $3000 BR. I've never run out of money on any site using that strategy.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Multitabling 3 5/10 vs. playing 1 15/30

FWIW, my results have improved after moving from several party NLs to a single UB game (mostly 5/10 NL). I think a lot of the edge in NL comes from building a mental model of how you opponents play and devising a suitable counter-strategy.

Automatic (decent) play might have an edge against bad players, but that might not be sustainable beyond the Golden Age of WPT wannabees, and I now think multi-tabling goes against the Tao of NL poker.

Browsing forums while you play is ok though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]