Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Are we just stuck with this new format?

Clicking on a post may bring up the first post in the thread, it may bring up the first unread one, or the last unread one, or whatever. You have no way of knowing if you are looking at the first post in the thread or not, so you are forced to scroll down and click on the first post to orient yourself.

You can't back up from one post to the previous one, it may go to the next unread one, or the previous one, or the next one, or the first one, or wherever. Maddening.

Some threads appear to have the replies in chronological order, some reverse.

Flat mode at least gives you the original post first, but then it's nearly impossible to see who is responding to which post, so it's no help.

Is there a reason it was changed to this? Does anybody like it? I'd gladly pay a monthly fee if that's what it takes to change it back to something that makes sense. I can't imagine it somehow saves bandwidth since it requires so much more bandwidth just to try to find the original post and then read the thread in proper order.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Are we just stuck with this new format?

[ QUOTE ]

Flat mode at least gives you the original post first, but then it's nearly impossible to see who is responding to which post, so it's no help.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not at all difficult to tell which posts people are responding to in flat mode.

[ QUOTE ]
Clicking on a post may bring up the first post in the thread, it may bring up the first unread one, or the last unread one, or whatever. You have no way of knowing if you are looking at the first post in the thread or not, so you are forced to scroll down and click on the first post to orient yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

It simply goes to what the software sees as the first unread post. Sometimes the software doesn't track this properly, but it's not as confusing as you make it out to be. Unread posts haven't been accurately tracked the entire time I've posted on these forums.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a reason it was changed to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This changed when the software was upgraded. It doesn't seem like this particular change was intentional, but it's really not a big deal. Still, I do believe many things are still being tweaked.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:32 AM

i agree with the OP, this has become ridiculous. for me, sometimes it goes to the first unread post, sometimes the OP, sometimes the first post since my login at that session. this needs to be fixed.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with the OP, this has become ridiculous. for me, sometimes it goes to the first unread post, sometimes the OP, sometimes the first post since my login at that session. this needs to be fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]