Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 06:11 PM

Default 2 Questions about Party rake and bonuses

1. I'm considering changing from PP to a skin for the rakeback. Are any of the skins better than others? What are the differences between the Party skins?

2. Is it worth trying to clear deposit bonuses when they will be deducted from your rakeback? Is it better to use one skin for the rakeback and use the others for bonuses.

Thanks for your replies. I apologize if I am asking questions that have already been posted.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: 2 Questions about Party rake and bonuses

Empire works well. Depending on the limit you play, it may or may not be worth it to take the bonuses. If youre playin .5/1 and 1/2, its not worth it, higher, and you make a few $$$.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:17 PM

A bonus is basically the same as 100% rake back on your first $100 (or whatever the bonus amount is) of rake paid. Explain how clearing a bonus will ever decrease the amount you receive from bonuses + rakeback.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:38 PM

-------------------------------------------------
Given scenario :

Every hand is raked the max $3 per hand. We'll use Party's current bonus of $150 with 1050 raked hands played.

Full table (10 players) :

Your share of rake per hand would be $3/10 players or $0.30 per hand. Over 1050 raked hands, your share of rake would be $315.

For your rakeback deal to be even par with the bonus, you would have to have a deal that gives you back 48.3% of your rake.

Short-handed table (6 players) :

Your share of rake per hand would be $3/6 players or $0.50 per hand. Over 1050 raked hands, your share of rake would be $525.

For your rakeback deal to be even par with the bonus, you would have to have a deal that gives you back 25.9% of your rake.

================================================== ===

Both using extreme examples show pretty much always a Party bonus will be better than a rakeback deal.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:18 PM

Iggy is correct. Nice mathematical proof by the way.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given scenario :

Every hand is raked the max $3 per hand. We'll use Party's current bonus of $150 with 1050 raked hands played.

Full table (10 players) :

Your share of rake per hand would be $3/10 players or $0.30 per hand. Over 1050 raked hands, your share of rake would be $315.

For your rakeback deal to be even par with the bonus, you would have to have a deal that gives you back 48.3% of your rake.

Short-handed table (6 players) :

Your share of rake per hand would be $3/6 players or $0.50 per hand. Over 1050 raked hands, your share of rake would be $525.

For your rakeback deal to be even par with the bonus, you would have to have a deal that gives you back 25.9% of your rake.

================================================== ===

Both using extreme examples show pretty much always a Party bonus will be better than a rakeback deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be emphasized as well:

In the full ring example your share of the rake was $315 and without a rakeback deal you would get the $150 bonus. period.
But with 25% rakeback you would get $150 bonus PLUS (315-150)*0.25 = $41.25. So with rakeback you get $191.25

And in the 6-max example you would get:
(525-150)*0.25 + 150 = $243.75

So whenever someone says rakeback isn't worth it. THEY ARE WRONG! In the worst case it simply doesn't matter and in the best case it makes a huge difference. Of course every hand is not raked and every raked hand isn't raked to the max but the principle stays the same anyway.

The only case where you really don't care about rakeback is if your share of the rake is much less than the bonus amount. But then again, once you move up in limits your contribution to the rake will increase and you will find that it really makes a difference.

A final thought... It's always good to have rakeback on several sites if your favorite site decides to shutdown your rb affiliate.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:00 PM

well illustrated, iggy.

one small factor, that proves your point even more, is that 6max has a $2 max rake.

thus, rakeback would need to be closer to 39%, even if EVERY pot reached the max rake, to break even to bonus.

and to the op, as has also been correctly stated, under this party format, there is NEVER a scenario in which bonus with rakeback is worse than just one or the other.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the full ring example your share of the rake was $315 and without a rakeback deal you would get the $150 bonus. period.
But with 25% rakeback you would get $150 bonus PLUS (315-150)*0.25 = $41.25. So with rakeback you get $191.25

So whenever someone says rakeback isn't worth it. THEY ARE WRONG! In the worst case it simply doesn't matter and in the best case it makes a huge difference. Of course every hand is not raked and every raked hand isn't raked to the max but the principle stays the same anyway.

The only case where you really don't care about rakeback is if your share of the rake is much less than the bonus amount. But then again, once you move up in limits your contribution to the rake will increase and you will find that it really makes a difference.

A final thought... It's always good to have rakeback on several sites if your favorite site decides to shutdown your rb affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point... I wasn't going to get into that because I wanted to keep it a simple rakeback vs bonus like the OP wanted answered.

If you want to factor in rakeback AND bonus, it really has to be on a personal level though and not just a general level. If we used your example as general, then it looks like you will always make additional money with rakeback while you're working off a bonus and that simply isn't true.

If anything though, your example shows that you should not ignore bonuses just because you have a rakeback deal.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point... I wasn't going to get into that because I wanted to keep it a simple rakeback vs bonus like the OP wanted answered.

If you want to factor in rakeback AND bonus, it really has to be on a personal level though and not just a general level. If we used your example as general, then it looks like you will always make additional money with rakeback while you're working off a bonus and that simply isn't true.

If anything though, your example shows that you should not ignore bonuses just because you have a rakeback deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your'e right that it doesn't always give you more money. I thought I made that clear but when I look at my post I see that it's really not that clear. Well, actually it's clear when you look at the formula.
But perhaps this could be added to (hopefully) make it crystal clear [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] :

If you play on such low limits that your contribution to the rake is less than the bonus, you get nothing extra from rakeback.
As an example, my contribution to the rake on 2/4 full ring for the 1050 hands will be somewhere near $190.

Unfortunately my affilitate was one of those who got ditched by party, so no rakeback money for me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Otherwise I would have made ~$10 extra from rakeback.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:34 PM

Well, something that I've been trying to figure out recently is whether or not party skins offer as good a bonus potential for rloads and such. i'm looking to start whoring myself out and try and get a little rakeback action as well. ust trying to find the best mix. any advice or good places to start? PM me if it's considered spam to link on the thread please.

One caveat though, at this point, I only play at places that go through firepay. I can't use neteller at this point and my bank isn't too user friendly with other funding sources.

TIA/