Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 09:30 PM

Default random AQ hand

standard fold? Jus wonder if I lay down these kind of hands down to easy, no reads

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds.

River: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
Old 02-19-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: random AQ hand

Weak in my opinion, I would have raised the flop, bet the turn (at $2/$4 any laydowns are gonna happen here).

If SB is still with me I would probably check/fold the river.

Regards D
Old 02-19-2005, 09:41 PM

I lay it down unless I have the SB pegged as a LAG. Pot is small at this point, and you are behind more than you are ahead after he bets on the flop. Plus, you do not have clean overcards
Old 02-19-2005, 09:46 PM

I havent played 2/4 in a while, but most of them think raise are AK.

I think he could be on a flush draw.

The flop is raise/fold. Calling would have been the worse. The others is judgment/gut feeling. I would fold it I think. You have 3ish(you have some runners) outs if some paired the king. Assuming someone doesnt have A7 or A8 too.

If you had AK and q high board---then you raise.
Being split like this one----fold.

Good hand.

I think one major leak is going down to much and the other is overplaying AK, AQ, KQ, QQ, JJ, TT. You didnt leak chips which is good.

SWUSC
Old 02-19-2005, 11:33 PM

So your going to raise the flop in a big pot after everyone has already called so you aren't likely to eliminate anyone. Then bet the turn when there are already 8bb in the pot and then check fold the river if anyone is still with you when the pot is at least 10 bbs? Interesting line.

I dont see a raise on the flop being very profitable as anything more than a free card play. I think you are overestimating your outs here. Overcards are worht about 3 outs and considering there is a 2 flush on the board and you only have 1 overcard, you might be looking at as few as 2 clean outs. Worse if someones got Ax.

I'm tossing here too but calling can't be too bad either if you have a read on the opponent
Old 02-19-2005, 11:49 PM

I don't see what possible benefit can be gained by raising. I think it's an easy fold, but the second-best option is just calling. But I think it's second-best by a good amount.

-Michael
Old 02-20-2005, 12:10 AM

I play it the same. I think calling is better than raising, but folding is best. You're not taking this pot down enough on the turn to justify spending 1.5 BB trying to do so. It's just not worth it against three opponents who have already put money into the pot.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:21 AM

Easy fold. You might fold the best hand once in a while but in the long haul, your equity on the flop is not large enough to invest 1 sb to protect it.

Krishan
Old 02-20-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold. You might fold the best hand once in a while but in the long haul, your equity on the flop is not large enough to invest 1 sb to protect it.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. Unless you want to bluff raise then fold. Calling is awful. You dont have odds to make the call. Call is for odds ---- to the best hand or % time you have it.

SWUSC
Old 02-20-2005, 01:04 AM

thanks for the responses I am big on folding, I used to fold flush draws when i first started playing if I feared it was going to get rasised. I just feel like I give up more than most players just cant figure if it is just my perspective of wanting to win the hand or not.