Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Maulik\'s first 100+9 HH please rip thoroughly

Is pushing K9off through a loose BB with a bigger stack EV+?
Old 08-31-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is pushing K9off through a loose BB with a bigger stack EV+?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not have pushed if I had seen him with loose calling standards, to that point I don't beleive he demonstrated a terrible calling range.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
santini007: take him out!
santini007: =(

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess this statement is -EV... if I was in this game I'd actively start stealing your blinds...
Old 08-31-2005, 05:08 PM

I usually makes those 3 calls/raises you described, thinking I can outplay my oppenents on the flop, and use my handreading abilities to get away from a seemingly strong hand if I think I'm beat, but I actually like Maulik's tight play early on. All these hands are quite marginal and a lot of times you'll just end up bleeding valuable chips away that you need to play aggresively come bubble-time. I think I'm going to start trying to tighten my starting hand requirements alittle early on, especially if I'm not the first one to enter the pot, or don't have position on everyone.

As for your hands Maulik it looks good, noticed two thing though. The As2s hand with the 8h, 3s, 5s, you bet out 15 into a 45 pot. Lot of times I reraise a weak bet like that when it comes from the blinds with any two cards because its often a weak "is my hand good?" kind of bet. You need to bet 35-45 I think. If he reraises you then you can get away from it, or if he's giving you odds peel one off and proceed from there on.

Also with 4 left, with A-6 UTG I come in with a raise often. Need to keep stealing those blinds. Make it 350-400, and fold if reraised. That still leaves you with 1400, which leaves you with plenty of fold equity