Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: JTo on the button 6max

[ QUOTE ]
I think betting if checked to is really necessary. 2x, Tx, 33, 44, 55, 77, 88, 99 call, and you can easily fold to a raise. This is 1/2. 2x and Tx WONT fold, ever, and all the above pocket pairs are passive-possible.

Congratulations on getting married [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

M

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Here is the thing, I put villian on a J, 6, 2 or pocket pair. Assuming he will call with all hands, check-raise with a 6. You lose 2 on a 6, win 1 on a 2 or pp, split with all Jacks. It's an even bet.

Now consider that he may fold some weak pp or a 2 and he might cr a jack now that his kicker is counterfeit I think edges the river action to a check.

Now maybe noone will ever cr here with just a J. But people go wild on paired boards and I don't think you can rule it out. I check the river.

Krishan
Old 05-12-2005, 12:03 PM

I don't see why you think it's an even bet. Consider that some of the time top pair will have raised already, and some of the time a 6 will bet into you on the river. The frequency of a 6 is lessened now that we see 2 of them, and we now lose to no J. No piece folds on a paired board with little action, so 2x and any pocket pair pay us off. And when we bet and get raised, we fold, so we don't lose 2 bets against a 6, but only 1. Of course this discussion depends on the type of player, but against most players, this is a serious value bet.

M
Old 05-12-2005, 12:04 PM

why can't we only lose 1 on a river c/r?

also this is 1/2 6max we might be giving out opponent way too much credit for being able to fold a worse hand, or checkraise a better one. him checkraising a T x% of the time would lean me towards check.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:07 PM

I like a preflop raise here. I like the flop and turns. Since it's HU on the river I bet and call a CR.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you think it's an even bet. Consider that some of the time top pair will have raised already, and some of the time a 6 will bet into you on the river. The frequency of a 6 is lessened now that we see 2 of them, and we now lose to no J. No piece folds on a paired board with little action, so 2x and any pocket pair pay us off. And when we bet and get raised, we fold, so we don't lose 2 bets against a 6, but only 1. Of course this discussion depends on the type of player, but against most players, this is a serious value bet.

M

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I said earlier.

Now maybe noone will ever cr here with just a J. But people go wild on paired boards and I don't think you can rule it out. I check the river.

Krishan
Old 05-12-2005, 12:12 PM

Yeah, I definitely don't understand what you are saying. Even if you had to call a c/r, it's still a value bet because you are ahead more often than not IMO. Especially in a 1/2 6 max game.

M
Old 05-12-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I definitely don't understand what you are saying. Even if you had to call a c/r, it's still a value bet because you are ahead more often than not IMO. Especially in a 1/2 6 max game.

M

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me %s for each hand.
a Jack
a pp
a 6
a 2

Krishan
Old 05-12-2005, 12:43 PM

pp/2/unexplainable moron who will call down with K high = 55%
6 = 10%
J = 35%

M
Old 05-12-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pp/2/unexplainable moron who will call down with K high = 55%
6 = 10%
J = 35%

M

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not being picky (Well maybe a little). But you need to split the moron, vrs a 2 into 2 percentages.

Krishan
Old 05-12-2005, 12:49 PM

I'm not trying to be too picky either, but just for clarity, the T is the card of interest, not the J, no?