Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 06:11 PM

Default Re: a different problem

[ QUOTE ]
But while we're on the subject of party's questionable software, here's something that really annoys me. I'll sit at a table in, say mid position, and hit the "wait for big blind" button when I'm given the option to either post or wait. Sometimes the blinds come around to me and I'm prompted to post. But the majority of the time party just checks the "deal me out" box and I usually miss the blinds. Sometimes I notice this so I'll wait until the blinds are near and uncheck the box. But party [censored] checks the box back right after the hand is over! Anyone else have this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just made a post on that myself. Drives me crazy. wait for a round for the BB, then Party screws up and you have to either pay extra BB to join in or wait for a second round...and a second chance Party will just do the exact same thing over again.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Party Makes $1,000,000,000 per year - why rig it?

As a side note, the number of tables displayed includes play money (I'm pretty sure) so your numbers on Party's earnings are probably off by a bit. But your point remains valid.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:18 PM

Default How do U really know??!

Iīm just wondering how the f**k you could be so sure that Party (and others) dont rig their games? Ivīe had my thought at this too. Ivīe seen some real crazystuff at the tables. But later Ivīe been convinced that itīs just a part of the game. But for the last 2 weeks I have been x-posed to sooo many bad beats and outdrawns like never before. I always felt a little strange about party, but this is just to much. So I took 2 days and played at Paradise, and I wasnīt outdrawn half as much as I been at party.

Just think itīs a funny coincidence. I dont say Iīm sure the games are rigged. But Iīm not convinced that they arenīt either. And I know you can make moeny out of it, rigged or not.

But if the really are, wouldnīt it be nice to know? Even if you make a ton of moeny today?

I wanna stay at party because of itīs looseness, but if it continues like this, itīs not worth it. I know there can be gr8 swings under a long time of period. But when you gettin outdrawn hand after hand over a long time of period, and then swith to another site a couple of days and suddently a big part of the beatz are gone, whats the odds of that?!

Just wondering if thereīs any 3-6$ players and above that dont play at party and have a good winrate? Tell me then why you dont play at party, cuz Iīm thinkin of goin back to Paradise, at least for a while.

//Just my thoughts.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: How do U really know??!

You are right. I have never - NOT ONCE - been run over at Paradise. It must be the other site.

PS: Get a life.

Bug
Old 10-06-2004, 07:38 PM

Thanx man, now Iīm feelin much better. Why do most of you have to be so sarcastic about everything you dont like?? I didnt say this never happends at paradise. But all this posts about rigged games, arenīt most of them about party?? Am I wrong?

Again, Iīm not sain the games are rigged, but Iīm not sain the arenīt either(!)
Old 10-06-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Paranoia? Maybe....But Without Regulations U Can\'t Be Sure

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully, some math/computer guru, will analyze this sites for a PhD thesis, and we will know which sites are honest and which sites are cutting corners....

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in clown college dude.

[/ QUOTE ]
How DARE you talk about LSU like that!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 10-06-2004, 07:49 PM

It might be that there are more complaints about Party because it is the busiest site on the net with the most new players. More players = more bad beats.

Bug
Old 10-06-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Paranoia? Maybe....But Without Regulations U Can\'t Be Sure

[ QUOTE ]
**IMO, the crooked s/w would want to MINIMIZE the number of BIG winners and MINIMIZE the number of BIG losers. In other words, they, idealy, would want to create an atmosphere where the money gets swapped around back-and-forth with no big winners and no big losers while the sites happily collect their rakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the not-crooked sites as well as the B&M rooms would want this too.
Fortunately for them, this is a situation that is already present in the game of poker.....a minimal big winners, minimal big losers, and most of the players just swapping their money back and forth.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Party Makes $1,000,000,000 per year - why rig it?

A well-written dissertation on this topic would not necessarily come from a clown college. What leads you to this belief?

-Michael
Old 10-06-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: party poker

Unbelievable!! Can't believe anyone can win at party with their first deposit.. i lost my first deposit($50) in half an hour.. i mean ive played in pacific poker, poker room, empire poker, golden tigerpoker and interpoker, but never ever have been so "lucky".. i lost two times my fullhouse cuz someone rivered a bigger one.. the i lost a set to a backdoor flush.. finally my last 10 bucks were lost with pocket rockets to a rivered set of queens.. PARTY POKER FUCKS WITH US!!! party is the reason im afraid of betting on the river unless i have the nuts.. rot in hell party